Russian translation needed !! (Panzer III related)
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Russian translation needed !! (Panzer III related) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:58 am
    ----
Hello,

I just received this link which shows very interesting photos of Panzer III tanks :

http://serkoff.narod.ru/photoalbum32.html

The first Pz III (photos 1 to 11) is the one located on Poklonnaya Gora, Moscow. The second one is located at Aberdeen Proving Ground (photos 12 to 19). The third one is exposed at Kubinka (photos 20 to 27) and the fourth one is on Poklonnaya Gora too (photos 28 to 33).

What is very interesting here is the fifth Panzer III (see photo at the bottom of the post). I don"t know neither its current location, nor its type. It seems that the little explanation in Russian at the bottom of the page could help into identifying its current location (a museum?). It seems too that this tank has the old type track "360MM track" and it could be a Beobachtungspanzer indeed. Who could help in translating the text in Russian on this page, in providing more information about this mysterious Panzer III??

Pierre-Olivier

#2: Re: Russian translation needed !! (Panzer III related) Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:47 am
    ----
I can't help with the translation but I can tell you the Aberdeen pictures are at least 6 years old an dprobably older than that. Looking at the vehicles in teh background I can see at least two that have not been located in that field since I started volunteering in the spring of 2001 (The M108 and the Firefly).

#3: Re: Russian translation needed !! (Panzer III related) Author: jcneelLocation: Victoria, Texas PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:48 am
    ----
Here is the translation through Babelfish web site:

"PzKpfw. III Photo 1-11 pzKpfw.III from the exposure of the museum of World War II on The poklonneye mountain, Moscow. Housing is found in the Chudov region of the Leningrad of obl. Tower is transmitted into the museum by the service of the criminal police g. kolpino. It is otrestavrirovan 38 NIII GABTU of the RF Ministry of Defense in 2001. photo 12-19 pzKpfw.III from the exposure of the museum of the Aberdeen range, USA. photo 20-27 pzKpfw. III of exposure military history museum BTVT, Kubinka. photo 28-33 pzKpfw.III from the exposure of the museum of World War II on The poklonneye mountain, Moscow. It is found in the region g. it is Volga-Don in 2001 it is transmitted into the gift to museum by association "heritage" and administration Of the dubovskeyeo region of the Rostov of obl. in 2002. photo 34-73 pzKpfw. III. Bunichevo field, g.Mogilev."

hth

Chris Neel

#4: Re: Russian translation needed !! (Panzer III related) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:12 pm
    ----
Thanks Chris for your help,

I also tried to obtain a translation through a website but the text is quite difficult to understand, that's why I would like to have the help of a native speaker.. I will also require the help for doing researches on some Russian websites and I can't do that on my own, since my level in Russian is close to Zero..

I would like to know what is "Bunichevo field" ?? Is it a monument, a little museum?? I can't find any information on the web.

P-O

#5: Re: Russian translation needed !! (Panzer III related) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:59 pm
    ----
I got the information. The Panzer III is exposed along with a IS-2 tank and 2 Russian artillery guns at Bunichevo park, Mogilev (Belarus).

Pierre-Olivier

#6: Re: Russian translation needed !! (Panzer III related) Author: TaranovLocation: Moscow, Russia PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:35 pm
    ----
It's Belorussia.
BTW i'm been on the Poklonnaya Hill today, make some german and japanese tanks shots. Need to upload? Wink

#7: Re: Russian translation needed !! (Panzer III related) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:09 pm
    ----
Belarus or Belorussia, it's a linguists debate.. I had a look on Wikipedia and the country is called Belarus in English. But in French we say either Belarus or Biélorussie.. however the official name given by the Government of this country seems to be Belarus..

However, yes I'm interested in getting all the pictures you've taken on Poklonnaya hill. Maybe you could post them on this forum, I'm sure that a lot of people are interested in seeing them too.

Pierre-Olivier

#8: Re: Russian translation needed !! (Panzer III related) Author: Cloudy PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:30 am
    ----
Please post them Taranov, I'm also interested in seeing them!

Alan

#9: Re: Russian translation needed !! (Panzer III related) Author: TaranovLocation: Moscow, Russia PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:57 am
    ----
Type 95 Ha-Go, with markings of 11 Regiment, Kuril Islands, 1945

PzKpfw 38(t) Ausf.F

Turret from PzKpfw I

Turret from PzKpfw IV Ausf.F

Marder III Ausf.M, restoration not looks accurate, but condition of original parts not bad.

PzKpfw III Ausf.J with L/42 gun, some parts of hull not original

Another PzKpfw III Ausf.J with L/42 gun, internal blast damage, i think (or it's can be result of autogen armed metal hunters attack...)

#10: Re: Russian translation needed !! (Panzer III related) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:02 pm
    ----
Great !!

Thanks !!

Pierre-Olivier

#11: Re: Russian translation needed !! (Panzer III related) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:13 pm
    ----
- Taranov

Marder III Ausf.M, restoration not looks accurate, but condition of original parts not bad.

I think that this one is more likely a Marder III Ausf. H.

Quoting Wikipedia, "As with the Sd.Kfz.139, [the Sd.Kfz. 138 Marder III Ausf. H] also carried a 7.92 mm machine gun in the hull, of Czech manufacture."

And "The Ausf. M did not carry a machinegun in its hull, instead a MG 34 or MG 42 was carried by the crew."

On your photos we can clearly see that this Marder III has a machinegun in the hull.

Source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marder_III

Pierre-Olivier

#12: Re: Russian translation needed !! (Panzer III related) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:19 pm
    ----
There seems to be a Panzer III turret at Poklonnaya Gora, and also a Panzer III gun, here is the picture :

Taranov, was the turret removed from there? Did you see it when you were there? I am also interested in obtaining pictures of German Half-Tracks if you have some, as I plan to list them all..

P-O

#13: Re: Russian translation needed !! (Panzer III related) Author: TaranovLocation: Moscow, Russia PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:39 pm
    ----
About Marder III - yes, more looks like a Ausf.H with Ausf.M style fighting compartment.
Turret - yes, replaced by Panzer IV F1 turret.
Halftracks - in fact, it's not german vehicles. First, OT-810 - czech-made postwar vehicle, second - ex-french UNIC P107 with very incorrect restoration.
Also Poklonnaya Hill exposition included "StuG III". In fact, it's work of peoples from Kubinka Wink Hull of PzKpfw III and details from StuG III Ausf.B.

#14: Re: Russian translation needed !! (Panzer III related) Author: jcneelLocation: Victoria, Texas PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:06 pm
    ----
Comparing Taranov's photo of the "Marder III" at this museum to one of the Marder III Ausf M from Aberdeen, considerable differences can be seen in these vehicles. The Ausf H has a mid-chassis mounted cannon, but one that is considerably lower than the original Marder III Vehicle.

So this one appears to be a reconstructed oddball.

Marder III Ausf M from Aberdeen (April 2007)

Marder III (with 7.62cm cannon) from Aberdeen (April 2007)

I do not have a photo of an Marder III Ausf H to compare with.

cn

#15: Re: Russian translation needed !! (Panzer III related) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:05 pm
    ----
Marder III Ausf. H at Sinsheim :

[img]http://image57.webshots.com/757/4/22/46/2693422460100192038KiACxA_fs.jpg?track_pagetag=/page/photo/news/military&track_action=/Owner/Shortcuts/FullSize[/img]

-> AFV News Discussion Board