Back from Aberdeen
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: Back from Aberdeen Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:02 pm
    ----
Start with a block with the gun barrell, add some 'Greenstuff' filler and a little sculpting skill and you could confuse everyone at a model show Mr. Green

#17: Re: Back from Aberdeen Author: BenjaminLiottel PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:44 pm
    ----
Hello Jcneel, thank you for the incredible photographs! I am happy to see the Christie T3 doing well! I'm a big Christie fan.

Did you get any pictures of the Skeleton Tank by any chance? I've seen many - but I'm always interested in seeing more. The Skeleton Tank is probably my favorite tank of all time, it has quite a fascinating little history to it.

---Ben.

#18: Re: Back from Aberdeen Author: jcneelLocation: Victoria, Texas PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 12:29 am
    ----
Sorry, but no - I did not take any photos of the Skeleton Tank. I personally do not find them interesting - kind of like a tank that isn't there, or something.

Some others who were there may have taken some.

cn

#19: Re: Back from Aberdeen Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:25 am
    ----
Bob has at least a couple of very nice shots of the skeleton tank out doors that he might be prevailed upon to post again. I've got 'em saved (from the old forum, I think) but they're really his so it's up to him (or maybe you already have these?).... Wink

#20: Re: Back from Aberdeen Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:20 am
    ----
They are on the machine at home. I'll see if I can get them up on photobucket tonight. But Doug if you have them readily available and have the time to throw them out to the group again before I get home you have my permission to do so

#21: Re: Back from Aberdeen Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 7:54 pm
    ----
jcneel
Could i talk you into posting some more pictures for us that didn't get to make the trip? Thanks and the pics are great........aj

#22: Re: Back from Aberdeen Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 8:23 pm
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey
Bob has at least a couple of very nice shots of the skeleton tank out doors that he might be prevailed upon to post again. I've got 'em saved (from the old forum, I think) but they're really his so it's up to him (or maybe you already have these?).... Wink

I thought I had some better Skeleton tank pictures but couldn't find them. Maybe Neil has some

Here are the best I could dig up

I included this one to show some of the details of the connections. This is looking at the aft end of the central armored box

#23: Re: Back from Aberdeen Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 8:30 pm
    ----
While looking for Skeleton tank pictures I stumbled on some others that I haven't seen many posts of recently so here they are. This is the semovante that is in the Warehouse

#24: Re: Back from Aberdeen Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 12:33 am
    ----
- bsmart
...This is the semovante that is in the Warehouse

Bob ( or anyone for that matter...)

I seem to recall that one of these (or a similiar type vehicle) was photogtraphed in the captured Iraqi vehicle 'graveyard' back in 2004 or so...

Anyone remember that?

JoeD,....been around that area lately? Perhaps to get some photos of any remaining 'treasures' ??

Bob: I'm still 'sick' having missed 'ya'lls' little 'shin-dig'. I will make good my promise...

(A plan is in the works, dates not settled, more when I lock in some details.)

Regards
Don

#25: Re: Back from Aberdeen Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:54 pm
    ----
Just a teaser - I'm waiting with baited breath to see some pics posted this evening... Wink

Neil

#26: Re: Back from Aberdeen Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:41 am
    ----
By the way, here is a bunch of photos taken by Chris Neel at Aberdeen in 2007, this gallery will be regularly updated, as Chris wll send me more photos . There are 4 pages (index 1 to 4) and as usual, click on the photo to see a larger one :

http://the.shadock.free.fr/aberdeen/index.html

P-O

-> AFV News Discussion Board