New vintage old stock car (ever seen a 789 or 5 to 1?)
-> Officer's Club

#1: New vintage old stock car (ever seen a 789 or 5 to 1?) Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:47 pm
    ----
n2amotors.com/cars.htm

#2: Re: New vintage old stock car (ever seen a 789 or 5 to 1?) Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:56 pm
    ----
I'd like to say it looks nice, and I'd like to say that I like it....

Razz

#3: Re: New vintage old stock car (ever seen a 789 or 5 to 1?) Author: Shadow_Banshee PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:35 pm
    ----
spray it black slap a yellow bat on it n its not so bad!

#4: Re: New vintage old stock car (ever seen a 789 or 5 to 1?) Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:08 am
    ----
oh soo harsh.... Ouch!

I hope you aint the guys who like 'them lil cars' that sound like a kawasaki motorcycle LOL. . .

Personally having owned 62, 63, 64, 66 impala SS's, 69 Z28, 74 duster and a 95 Z28 convertible... I will admit I am a fool for the old ones...

Dont you guys think the cars made today look a little too much alike?

#5: Re: New vintage old stock car (ever seen a 789 or 5 to 1?) Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:08 am
    ----
- HF_SlowHand
Dont you guys think the cars made today look a little too much alike?
Some do, some don't.
I like oldies too but dat one looks as though it's been over-restored and it hasn't really worked for me. Might be the colours.

Anyway, as I wuz saying, not all new cars look the same...

Twisted Evil Mr. Green Cool Razz

#6: Re: New vintage old stock car (ever seen a 789 or 5 to 1?) Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:24 pm
    ----
your right - I wouldnt order the 789 (or 5 to 1) but I like custom cars... and I always hope a radical custom shop will spur creative life and blood into our "big three" here in the states (Shades I drive a timeless classic, a 94 suburban LOL along with a '95 Z28 convertible in the summer that is a lot of fun and although it (Z) looks good from the front it is pretty boring to look at)... it aint right I tell ya

#7: Re: New vintage old stock car (ever seen a 789 or 5 to 1?) Author: Shadow_Banshee PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:24 am
    ----
I must admit to prefering european models at the minute , not to say i dont like the classic look or custom style in the USA some look cool, but having hired many cars over there i believe euro build quality slightly better too.
I think Fords idea of shipping over some euro built and designed models reflects this, building the fiesta to euro spec over there seems to be going ahead too, the sameness of cars in usa is prolly due to jap imports that sell real good there at the minute, i'm guessing every other car is a toyota?

only problem i can see with euro fords etc is the size issue, mondeo here is classed as a big car, over there maybe a medium, www.carbodydesign.com/...o-concept/

US car comps need to compete with the japs and maybe crossover design with partner companies abroad, i cant see the Ford deal of shipping over Euro built cars being proffitable with the current exchange rates, but it may kick some life into the whole deal.. www.motorauthority.com...to-the-us/

heres the car i like most at the min uk.cars.ign.com/articl...633p1.html but the only time i could afford that is when i'm dead in me box!

Dump the Taurus,edge and fusion redesign or cross over models is my advice to Ford.

#8: Re: New vintage old stock car (ever seen a 789 or 5 to 1?) Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:46 am
    ----
Ahhhh that is one sweet Audi for sure... fords eh?...
let me throw you a curve ball, how about a euro-built GM car?

One of the Hellfighters in the uK promised to give me a ride in his vauxhall that would make me ill if (when) i come over... images.google.com/imgr...n%26sa%3DN

Last edited by HF_SlowHand on Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total

#9: Re: New vintage old stock car (ever seen a 789 or 5 to 1?) Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:49 am
    ----
I should mention my Surname is Button, so by the Cross of St. George the family name is in F1 racing at least LOL...

#10: Re: New vintage old stock car (ever seen a 789 or 5 to 1?) Author: Shadow_Banshee PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:14 am
    ----
ah f1 thats another story lol , www.opel.com/brand_sit...flash.html GM could do the same too this would go down nice with a few ppl over there i guess.
I recall my first visit to the US in the early 80s and thinking how far foward design n style was on most cars there compared to UK slabs of metal, at the minute i like euro muscle lines only a matter of time before a total new look with throw itself up i guess..

#11: Re: New vintage old stock car (ever seen a 789 or 5 to 1?) Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:56 am
    ----
I used to have a 59 Chevy and thought that original pic was a modified 59. I finally clicked on the link and seen it's a remake ...lol

Looks as if they've combined the 59 back end with a 57 front end. I guess they liked both of those years... Wink

Like Slow, I've had a bunch of US muscle cars and in those days, you could tell the difference immediately between the models. Today's cars at first glance all look about the same and I'm wondering if doesn't have something to do with aerodynamics and designing via the wind tunnels.

#12: Re: New vintage old stock car (ever seen a 789 or 5 to 1?) Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:06 am
    ----
Nice Camaro.
My cousin in Toronto had one when he was a teen (the s.o.b.).

The Audi looks nice the first time you see it, probably because it's so different, but, after a while, they look kind of odd. Not saying it's a bad car to drive, just that it doesn't take long to tire of seeing them. They go from interesting to odd in a week.

The VX was GM's copy of a Lotus which has now evolved into a copy of the VX (lol).

Of all the cars shown here, the Opel is the one I think is the purdiest. Retro-roadster with style.

GM/Opel are Vauxhall over here, btw.
I'm not a fan; I managed to somersault one 1.5 revolution through the air (rolled forwards, over the bonnet (hood), and landed on the roof) in my twenties with all my guitars and keyboards in the boot!
Not a happy skwirrell.

Cops breathalised me and the guy said after that he 'couldn't believe I'd managed to do all that sober!'.
He was standing at the back of the car (hatchback) and asked me to open the boot (trunk). Knowing there was a lot of stuff in it, I suggested he back away but he seemed to take this as a threat and refused, moving closer. I gave him another chance then shrugged and opened the boot. The weight of two guitars, three keyboards, a 50w keyboard amp and a 100w Marshall stack easily removed the leg of his trousers (pants) closest to it, the top layer of skin, and damn near took his foot off as well.

My bro's a cop so I usually have some sympathy with them, but this was funny. Wish I'd hadda video of it.

Mr. Green

#13: Re: New vintage old stock car (ever seen a 789 or 5 to 1?) Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 9:02 pm
    ----
- HF_SlowHand
http://n2amotors.com/cars.htm

Needs lake pipes....with turnouts. Mr. Green

-> Officer's Club