AFV information and location "tank spotters" guide available
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: AFV information and location "tank spotters" guide available Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 2:04 pm
    ----
Now in "downloads" section, Jeff Lewis' and Bob Smart's handy "tank spotter" guide to AFV descriptions and locations (handy for the AFV registry updates) is now available. Fetch it here:

com-central.net/index....ils&id=297

Thanks, Guys!

#2: Re: AFV information and location "tank spotters" guide available Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 2:31 am
    ----
Hi all

just a quick note to explain the brochure. This brochure was created to enable our non tread head friends and family to be able to quickly and as painlessly as possible collect information for us. It may seem overly simple to most of us but I wanted a complete novice to be able to use it as easily as possible and still gather accurate basic information. It is intended to be printed on both sides of a single sheet and then tri-folded to fit easily in a glove box. It is in the form of a PDF to be usable on as many systems as possible.This was the brainchild of Bob Smart and I was honored to be able to help develop it with his input.
I hope it will be useful. For instance, if Aunt Tilly says she saw a tank in east Podunk , you know nothing about it, but if Aunt Tilly filled out the sheet and says it has 6 wheels you will know that there is something other than an M60 there

Jeff "Piney" Lewis

#3: Re: AFV information and location "tank spotters" guide available Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 3:03 am
    ----
.................you will know that there is something other than an M60 there

And what exactly is that supposed to mean ? Shocked

Very nice guys, I just printed it off and am giving it to some guys I know who hit a lot of areas (More than me). Never know what they might find in this country. Well done.

Joe D

#4: Re: AFV information and location "tank spotters" guide available Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:12 am
    ----
Joe

If you get any of those back with information I would sure like to get a copy!

Also any suggestions for changes are welcome. Jeff and I worked on this through several iterations to keep the size to a single page while captueing as much info as possible. I would also like to say that most of the work is Jeff's. I happened to mention in an email onetime that I was thinking about some kind of spotters sheet that I could give to my daughter when she was travelling around western PA on job interviews. A week or so later Jeff sends me the first version of this! a few weeks later (mainly becaue I wqs dragging my feet on sending comments back and here we are.

His next project is in the works so stay tuned.

#5: Re: AFV information and location "tank spotters" guide available Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 2:37 pm
    ----
Bob,
Will do, hopefully I will be getting some pictures from a boneyard I was told about 2 days ago also. I am trying to get to a certain camp before I leave here. If I do I might have pretty good collection of pictures to share eventually. I missed going last time because of other duties.

Joe D

#6: Re: AFV information and location "tank spotters" guide available Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 12:46 pm
    ----
- piney
For instance, if Aunt Tilly says she saw a tank in east Podunk , you know nothing about it, but if Aunt Tilly filled out the sheet and says it has 6 wheels you will know that there is something other than an M60 there

My Aunt Sefronia swears she saw green tigers in Africa and a pink panther in Vietnam...sure wish she'd had one o' them sheets back then, eh?

#7: Re: AFV information and location "tank spotters" guide available Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 1:29 pm
    ----
Well years ago my Great-Uncle George saw a colt 44 in Salsbury MD, the problem was it was in the hands of a jealous husband (They were both 'waterman' and the husbands oyster boat had come back into port early). He didn't have time to fill out a spotters sheet before the trigger was pulled Shocked Crying or Very sad

-> AFV News Discussion Board