M60 Guides
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#46: Re: M60 Guides Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:52 pm
    ----
Are we absolutely sure this vehicle is a dud?

Remember that the M60E2 turret first appeared on a T95 chassis... it isnt beyond the realms of possibility that it was then transferred to an M48 before finally ending up on an M60.

Cool

#47: Re: M60 Guides Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:20 pm
    ----
- Dontos

1) Valley Station VFW has an M48A5 hull (SN 932B ?- perhaps a prototype?) with an M60A2 Turret (cast SN 236 on TC side of turret) and has the name 'Buford' on the gun tube.

Don - Are you sure it is an M48A5 Hull? Which brings up another question how do you tell an M48A5 Hull from an M48A2 or A3 hull? I thought all M48A5s were earlier M48s that were upgraded to have a 105mm gun. If so what changes were made in the hull that would make it apparent. I thought all the obvious changes would be in the turret.

#48: Re: M60 Guides Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:36 pm
    ----
Hello everyone,
Here is the picture I have of this "Thing". I got it off the old Geo Cache site "Tanks for the Memories".

If you look it has an M60A2 production turret sitting atop either an M48 or M48A1 "Gasser" hull. It does not have the "Low IR" rear grills like an M60. Don, did you get a look at the Driver's hatch, small would make it a M48, large M48A1. I wanted to check this Beastie out last month when passing through, didn't have time, to see if it was the same one that used to sit in Richardson Tank Park back in '96/'97. I have a photo's of it when it was there but not digital (I need to get a scanner). It was very obvious the turret was just dropped onto to hull to make a target.

Joe D

#49: Re: M60 Guides Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:09 am
    ----
- bsmart
It looks like Don and I use different ways of including Google map pictures into postings. I do it by clicking on 'Link this page' then doing a <control C. to save the text line and then using<control V> to daste that reference into the message. It occasionaly catches me in a gotcha (Neil ran into one of those earlier today when the link I saved was the wrong one) The dig problem I've found is when I scroll the map because it didn't pop up exactly where I wanted it. In those cases it seems to link to the original map reference. Does anyone know how to tell Google maps 'Lock in on my current spot before creating the link?

I printed area I wanted, scanned image, then edited JPEG, saved, added to photobucket,..... Rolling Eyes

Who says I do things the easy way... Mr. Green

Don
(the overly complicated....)

#50: Re: M60 Guides Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:01 am
    ----
Well I figured a way to 'lock in on my current position' and it isn't much simpler than your process Crying or Very sad If anyone is interested I'll pass it on once I am sure it works consistently.

I think I can save you a couple steps with something I just learned a few weeks ago. If you do <control PrintScreen> it captures everything on your display at that momemt. Then open a new file with Paint and type <control V> and it will drop the screen image into the bitmap file. You can then edit it with Paint (or any other tool you like) and save it as a JPG file. It at least would save you the step of printing and scanning Smile

#51: Re: M60 Guides Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:27 pm
    ----
- Dontos
I printed area I wanted, scanned image, then edited JPEG, saved, added to photobucket,..... Rolling Eyes

Don

Gosh,

you did the unspeakable, you're impersonating an officer and at staff level, too... Mr. Green

#52: Re: M60 Guides Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:25 pm
    ----
- Jens_O_Mehner
- Dontos

Don

Gosh,

you did the unspeakable, you're impersonating an officer and at staff level, too... Mr. Green

"Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, and touch not the unclean thing"

#53: Re: M60 Guides Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:45 am
    ----
Hi all

you might want to investigate an excellent freeware program called Paint.net

www.getpaint.net/index.html

hit "print screen" key, open Paint.net then hit edit and paste in drop down menu, from there you can crop, retouch, work with layers or any number of other things and than save in your choice of many differet formats.

Jeff Lewis

-> AFV News Discussion Board