ATTENTION COM C Memebers !!! Red Alert !!!
-> Officer's Club

#1: ATTENTION COM C Memebers !!! Red Alert !!! Author: RCAF_MadDog PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:09 pm
    ----
We wanted to make you aware of a virus that may nail unsuspecting members that use MSN oe Windows Messenger.

This link was give to me from Uhu_Fritzl65 please read it and beware ::
Fritzl had this tried on him and his spidey sense kicked in and he declined the transfers........
www3.ca.com/securityad...x?id=41541

I have included some info so you will know whats going on :

Win32.Bropia.B

Description Published: January 26, 2005
Description Modified: January 27, 2005
Characteristics

Category: Win32

Also known as: Win32/Bropia.196608!Worm, W32/Bropia.B (F-Secure) , WORM_BROPIA.D (Trend), W32/Bropia.worm.d (McAfee), W32/Bropia-C (Sophos), W32.Spybot.Worm (Symantec), IM-Worm.Win32.VB.c (Kaspersky)

Description
Win32.Bropia.B is a worm that spreads via MSN Messenger. It may also be able to spread using Windows Messenger. It drops a variant of the Rbot worm family, Win32/Rbot.BNE.
Method of Infection

When run, Bropia.B creates two files in the root directory of the current drive (usually c:\). The first file is a copy of the worm itself, using one of the following file names:

me_2005.pif
LOL.scr
Webcam.pif
hahahaha.pif
naked_drunk.pif
sister.pif

The second file is called "cz.exe", and is a variant of the Rbot worm family, called Win32/Rbot.BNE. For more information on Win32/Rbot, please see elsewhere in our encyclopedia.

Bropia.B does not install itself in any other way; it will not run automatically when Windows is restarted.

Method of Distribution
Via MSN Messenger

Bropia.B spreads by sending itself to contacts using MSN Messenger. We have received reports that it can spread using either MSN Messenger or Windows Messenger, both on internal networks and the Microsoft .NET Messenger service.

It sends itself using one of the following names:

me_2005.pif
LOL.scr
Webcam.pif
hahahaha.pif
naked_drunk.pif
sister.pif

Please BEWARE of any of your friends tryng to send you a .scr or .pif file.

Thanks for the heads up info on this Fritzl

Last edited by RCAF_MadDog on Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: ATTENTION COM C Memebers !!! Red Alert !!! Author: CrashEd PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:06 pm
    ----
Thanks for the heads up guys.

#3: Re: ATTENTION COM C Memebers !!! Red Alert !!! Author: RAF92_STALLIONLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:19 pm
    ----
Oh thanks, I have been having a couple of problems lately with msn, but then again, i do have a beta

-> Officer's Club