Infantryman providing local security for an AFV
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Infantryman providing local security for an AFV Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:33 am
    ----
Hi Folks!

Ran acrossed this interesting photo over at the US Army web site.

Spot Report!
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#2: Re: Infantryman providing local security for an AFV Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:53 am
    ----
Nice to know our M7's are well protected, probably some local VFW post wanted to steal it Laughing

Jeff Lewis

#3: Re: Infantryman providing local security for an AFV Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 4:12 pm
    ----
Can anyone ID the unit patch?

#4: Re: Infantryman providing local security for an AFV Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 4:20 pm
    ----
- piney
Nice to know our M7's are well protected, probably some local VFW post wanted to steal it Laughing

Jeff Lewis

That has to be one of the most poorly conceived posed shots in recent memory. Embarrassing. The caption (I tracked back to the source) makes it all the worse. Rolling Eyes

#5: Re: Infantryman providing local security for an AFV Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 4:51 pm
    ----
I just tracked it back too, Shocked it's at Fort Dix (NJ = Garden state (official motto)) Rolling Eyes I know they have newer AFV's there and could have gone off post about a mile and a half and at least shot in front of an M60. They must be worried about us pineys swiping their base museum Razz

Jeff Lewis

#6: Re: Infantryman providing local security for an AFV Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 4:55 pm
    ----
Probably part of the enhanced alert based on a 'terrorist cell' that sent their video tape out to a local shop to have it put on DVD Shocked

By the way what does the original caption say?

#7: Re: Infantryman providing local security for an AFV Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:00 pm
    ----
- bsmart
By the way what does the original caption say?

Bob,

So you can get the full effect... Rolling Eyes

www.army.mil/-images/2...5/08/4492/

#8: Re: Infantryman providing local security for an AFV Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:40 pm
    ----
Wow,
There are so many things wrong with this picture (Besides the M7 in the background). I feel sorry for the young troop, I'm sure he is catching hell from his peers. My buddy says the patch looks like the "Cotton Bole" of the Alabama NG.
OK, I will say one thing, What ever happened to "train as you fight" ? He sure is traveling awful light (Body Armor?).

Joe D

#9: Re: Infantryman providing local security for an AFV Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:46 pm
    ----
- Joe_D
Wow,
There are so many things wrong with this picture (Besides the M7 in the background). I feel sorry for the young troop, I'm sure he is catching hell from his peers. My buddy says the patch looks like the "Cotton Bole" of the Alabama NG.
Joe D

Joe,
It's like the caption should read, "Spc. Charles Siler provides security for fellow Soldiers, who are all 86 years old, wearing OD and leggings, and otherwise armed with Garands."

#10: Re: Infantryman providing local security for an AFV Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 6:04 pm
    ----
[quote="Roy_A_Lingle"]

[quote]

A better quote perhaps....

Alabama NG protect State 'owned' static monuments, after hearing unconfirmed reports from neighboring 'Georgia' that a certain training center was going to sieze and display whatever they could get there hands on, since other repossessions are less certain.

Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green
(This is satire folks....)

#11: Re: Infantryman providing local security for an AFV Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:59 pm
    ----
JoeD you are right, there are so many things wrong with this picture... yes there are. it isnt the fact that the M7 is in the background... its that the GI is in front of the M7! and it isnt even a good shot of the M7! if sgt. reeves cant stage it correctly, than at least take a picture of the damn M7.
he should have had more respect for such a relic...
i am more offended that he didnt do right by the M7
LOL

-> AFV News Discussion Board