Beta Testing...
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  :| |:
-> IL2/FB/AEP/Pacific Fighters

#31: Re: Beta Testing... Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 5:49 pm
    ----
I'll have a look in but not for long...Gotta be up at 05.30.

#32: Re: Beta Testing... Author: EURO_TalusLocation: HMP Wandsworth, Wandsworth, SW18 3HS PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 12:48 am
    ----
In the back of my mind, I always wonder what the folks in this game look like. My worst fears have been realized. LOL

#33: Re: Beta Testing... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 10:20 am
    ----
LOL Talus! (I know what you mean...lol)

Kidding aside, so far all is well with the server, so it's time to get the 'show on the road' (or in the air as the case may be..lol)

I still haven't got the FBDaemon to rotate the maps, but the Dogfight map is up and running just fine! Wink

#34: Re: Beta Testing... Author: EURO_TalusLocation: HMP Wandsworth, Wandsworth, SW18 3HS PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 10:31 pm
    ----
I think the original point (since I can't bear to look at page 2) is you're looking for beta testers. I don't spend alot of time in here, but I'll help you, Biz, tell me on MSN what you need, or post it here.

#35: Re: Beta Testing... Author: Combat PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 2:50 am
    ----
I took CombatJr in the server for some flying lessons tonight....

All is running smooth Bushy.

Hope to find some targets in there soon.

~S~

#36: Re: Beta Testing... Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 7:07 am
    ----
- EURO_Talus
you're looking for beta testers.

Testing the IL2 server just needs people to connect and fly there, the more people on at one time, the better.

There's only a basic map on there now for testing purposes so you really need a few buds to fly with.

Once the stability of the server is proved, Bushy can break...err..Tweak it with some more maps/missions etc.

#37: Re: Beta Testing... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 10:26 am
    ----
LOL Kit! You'll never know how to 'fix' it until you break it really good...lol

So far, I've only seen 3 people at one time on the server. This says two things to me. The server works and it'll handle up to 3 people... Wink

I see no problem with handling more, but it's the limitations of the server that I'm really interested in. However, since it seems to be stable, it's time to move ahead and just have a gaming night. I think this should show us the limitation 'edge' we're looking for.

In the past using just our own games as servers, we've had player counts as high as 16 and all went fine so I see no reason this server shouldn't be fine too... Smile

#38: Re: Beta Testing... Author: Combat PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:47 am
    ----
Does anyone ever fly in this thing? I was in there the other night with 2 strangers actually.... they never heard of CC lol. Nad now after the beating they took I'm not sure if they like us!!!! LMAO!

Does any of you ever fly it? If yes....please...give me a general time and I'll be there!

#39: Re: Beta Testing... Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:14 am
    ----
Just an update Bushie,

Of course you know of the delay due to Scuba's death, then War had some family matters that needed him, followed by a cyclone in newcastle... I know his heart is in it, give him a shout.

Hopefully there will be some peace in his life and we can get on with this-
Slow

Last edited by HF_SlowHand on Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

#40: Re: Beta Testing... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:45 am
    ----
Thanks for the update fellas and I think we'll get "Fight Night" going soon. RM has been testing the server and reports are good. Wink

Some other news...

I've been in touch with the Greater Green Admin (Sammie) and CC has offered to host his popular IL2 FBDaemon package along with all the documentation. Perhaps we can get him to host his Support board here too... Wink It's our hopes to bring CC closer to the IL2 crowd. So don't worry Combat, with some of the great CC IL2 pilots here, they'll soon know who CC is...lol

Now the bad news...

I'm in the time of year that's got me swamped with work and obligations and won't be around much these next few weeks. The server will be up and running 24/7 but I haven't got FBDaemon 'swapping' maps. That was one reason I was talking to Sammie. Our hopes is to get this working and substituting some maps submitted by our CC members. Then, at some point in the future we'll have an exclusive mix of custom CC maps... Smile

But for now, there's one map and it's a dogfight map. I can change the one map for another map before I leave if someone has a favorite dogfight map they would rather have on the server.

Thanks Slow, I'll get in touch with WB too... Smile

#41: Re: Beta Testing... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:18 pm
    ----
An UPDATE!!

We now have the FBDaemon so it'll connect to the main server. Thanks to the help of Dave (he knows who he is..lol). Now that we have the infrastructure in place, we need FBD specific maps to use. Dave has offered to send us the maps he has to get us started and that's a good thing! I have the instructions on how to make those, but not much time, so if anyone here would like to take a crack at making those maps, take a look at THIS!

I can smell the gunpowder now...

#42: Re: Beta Testing... Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:48 am
    ----
cordite Bush

#43: Re: Beta Testing... Author: 401RCAF_JelLocation: Hiding in Sherwood Forest PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:40 pm
    ----
Nice touch i'll take a look at doing some maps but it's gonna be at a slow pace due to work i'm afraid Sad

Maybe just a Bombers only map might be an interesting slant on things too. Multiple crews n stuff Wink

Jel

#44: Re: Beta Testing... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:30 pm
    ----
I've done some searching and found some maps already done. I think I'll 'collect' them and put them on our download section for others to download, dissect and scrutinize once we have the authors permission Smile

Plus, I think there's a need for a Central Repository for FBD missions. (I like the "Central" part or the name...lol

Jel, we NEED that bomber race map for sure...lol

#45: Re: Beta Testing... Author: RM_bizkidLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:44 pm
    ----
we need FBD specific maps

Are maps generated in the IL2 "Full Mission Builder" 100% compatible with the FBDaemon Server?

If they are, then only the script for the long and short mission properties would needed to be amended for the CC server from any of those which have been already made. If that is the case we have an inventory we can work with to produce CC specific dogfight maps quickly.

-> IL2/FB/AEP/Pacific Fighters