Beta Testing...
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  :| |:
-> IL2/FB/AEP/Pacific Fighters

#46: Re: Beta Testing... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:13 pm
    ----
No, they aren't 100% compatable. FBD requires some different parameters to get the missions to work. Since I have collected some FBD specific missions, I'll get them on the download section so you can take a look at the .mis and .property files.... Smile

I'll try to get the new category installed and some files to download. It's my plan to also work on the 'rotation script' later today. I'm sure once that's going, WATCH OUT!! We'll be ready to get this baby rollin'... Shocked Cool Mr. Green

#47: Re: Beta Testing... Author: 401RCAF_HammerLocation: Burlington, Ontario, Canada. PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:21 pm
    ----
-S-

Could you throw in a couple of Carriers, no deck guns firing plz, for practice bomb runs and landings..??

Hammer Cool Laughing Cool Laughing Cool

#48: Re: Beta Testing... Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:54 pm
    ----
- Shadow_Bshwackr
Jel, we NEED that bomber race map for sure...lol

Bomber racing map is on my FTP Bush Smile

#49: Re: Beta Testing... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:40 pm
    ----
Thanks Kit, but THEN, I would have to do the work to convert it too...lol I'll look into it asap, but it may be a while.

BTW, I put another map on the server which is FBD compatible. Simple, but nice. Everyone please try it out... Smile

#50: Re: Beta Testing... Author: Combat PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:52 pm
    ----
...anyone want to get spanked?

I'm heading in now! Mr. Green

#51: Re: Beta Testing... Author: Combat PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:47 pm
    ----
ok....

RM_Bizkid = BULLY! lol

#52: Re: Beta Testing... Author: RM_bizkidLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:27 pm
    ----
What a hoot.....I think we can have a lot of fun with this. Looking forward to my next spanking lol.

#53: Re: Beta Testing... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:34 am
    ----
Thanks Fellas! I noticed the map rotation works... Smile

Thanks to Dave, who was kind enough to send me his mission pack, I've installed his missions and they are in the rotation process! Thanks Dave and here is a quote from him...

- Dave
They are geared towards relatively small numbers of flyers, so may have to be edited for larger numbers, but will serve as a starting point. Most are set up as Attack/Defend scenarios, where one army has to destroy targets, and the other merely has to defend the targets for the timelimit.

A couple of the missions are Capture the Flag scenarios (Capture the Flag and WaterworldCV), where the object is to capture the opponents home base. Read the briefing to see how it works, and how I've specified a trigger target so the mission can be played as intended using fbdaemon.

Sturm-athlon is a type of race map, with some targets to hit, sort of an aerial bi-athlon of my own design. It's not exactly an fbdaemon type of mission, but it's good for some fun and variety.

All I can say is WOW and THANKS!

#54: Re: Beta Testing... Author: RM_bizkidLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:52 pm
    ----
Seems to be a loading problem this morning when trying to connect. Watched the error code advance to 3300 before disconnecting.

#55: Re: Beta Testing... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:26 pm
    ----
Thanks Biz! Try it now, I booted the server... Smile

#56: Re: Beta Testing... Author: RM_bizkidLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:43 pm
    ----
Works fine now. Nothing like a little boot to straighten out a non cooperative computer lol. Mr. Green

#57: Re: Beta Testing... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:22 pm
    ----
LOL..works for 'kids' too...lol

#58: Re: Beta Testing... Author: RM_bizkidLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:57 am
    ----
Different glitch was encountered last night. At log on, the error code appeared but eventually (maybe minute or so) would allow entry to the game. Noticeable immediately, was a much higher ping than previous. Within a short period of time the pings had become very high and warping of aircraft made the game unplayable. We all recognized that we were beta testing the server and hope the report is useful in tweaking the server.

#59: Re: Beta Testing... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:47 am
    ----
Thanks for the report. The Game server was on at the same time the FTP server got hit hard, so the bandwidth was dramatically effected Shocked

Once we're ready and establish a dedicated time, we'll make sure all other 'bandwidth sucking services' is offline... Smile

#60: Re: Beta Testing... Author: Thud68Location: AZ USA PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:23 pm
    ----
Got in just fine and all seems to work just fine. Let me know if theres gonna be a fixed time for activities. Please Cool

-> IL2/FB/AEP/Pacific Fighters