Anyone going to an airhow this summer? Hmmm?
-> Officer's Club

#1: Anyone going to an airhow this summer? Hmmm? Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 4:07 pm
    ----
Anyone going to any air shows this year?

If so, how about posting some plans or thoughts and maybe some of us can meet up and enjoy some THUNDER together!

Nothing like a F16 so low and fast hyou are covered with carbon being blown out of the afterburners! (yep, it happened) Frightfully enjoyable!

Lookin at Detroit myself (and perhaps Muskegon MI) this summer...

Thunder over michigan is lining up a slew of B-25s (those rough idling mothers!)...

www.yankeeairmuseum.org/airshow/

slow

#2: Re: Anyone going to an airhow this summer? Hmmm? Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 4:47 pm
    ----
That's pretty far off my graze, but the prospect of all those Mitchells make me drool! (Where's "Pacific Princess", I wonder?)

#3: Re: Anyone going to an airhow this summer? Hmmm? Author: TanklordLocation: Louisiana PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 6:32 pm
    ----
Years ago I had the privilege of taking a ride in "The Yellow Rose of Texas"! Talk about an eye-opening experience, especially when the pilot decided to make a low level pass over our farm near the airport.

#4: Re: Anyone going to an airhow this summer? Hmmm? Author: XcalibeR PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 7:29 pm
    ----
I might be going to the Fargo air show up here in ND in a few weeks. www.fargoairsho.com/

#5: Re: Anyone going to an airhow this summer? Hmmm? Author: RAF92_BattleHawkLocation: British Columbia, Canada PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 8:30 pm
    ----
Abbotsford is the only viable one for me...
Click HERE!

#6: Re: Anyone going to an airhow this summer? Hmmm? Author: Combat PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 1:25 am
    ----
I took a few days off this week. Thursday afternoon down at the beach with Mrs. Combat to watch the Thunderbirds practice for the NY Airshow which is this Saturday and Sunday at Jones Beach.

Today we went down to the beach at around 9:00am to spend the entire day with our 3 little batlings and a few of their friends to watch the rest of the practices. Saw F-18's, A-10 do a flight with an F-86 that was just awesome, got to see a pair of B1B's for the first time ever (amazing seeing them 8 engines buzz the beach with afterburners on and wings swept back. Another first for me was seeing the Lancaster fly. Tomorrow and Sunday is the full show and we are planning to get down there early Sunday to watch it.

Tomorrow at around 11am I am taking the youngest batling down to Republic where all the planes are flying from. Should be a great time to park on the side of the road by the runway to watch the T-birds and all the other flights leave for the beach.

Nothing better than an airshow! Here's the link for the details if anyone close enough to Long Island is willing to make a last minute trek.

www.jonesbeachairshow.com/

Hey Dad? When's the airshow start?

A pic my bro took at practice 2yrs ago...

#7: Re: Anyone going to an airhow this summer? Hmmm? Author: IMS_Dakota PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 11:26 am
    ----
I'll be headed to this one
www.1941hag.org/files_...craft.html

Is mostly wwII stuff, with a few jets for the kiddies.

#8: Re: Anyone going to an airhow this summer? Hmmm? Author: RudderLocation: Maricopa, AZ PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 10:00 pm
    ----
Yes The Rhinebeck Air Drome In Rhinebeck NY WW1 aircraft every week end this summer be there the 22nd and 23 of Sept. they have rides in these old planes and put on a pretty good airshow so I'm told

#9: Re: Anyone going to an airhow this summer? Hmmm? Author: IMS_Dakota PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:03 am
    ----
Here are just a couple of the pics I grabbed at the fly in day at a local airshow last weekend.
Was too busy aiming etc. to notice that the B25 had the bomb bays open, or that they were chucking watermellons out.

#10: Re: Anyone going to an airhow this summer? Hmmm? Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:58 am
    ----
nice shots!

#11: Re: Anyone going to an airhow this summer? Hmmm? Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:29 am
    ----
This one is the airshow I attend every year
www.airsho.org/

-> Officer's Club