Bergen, Germany
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Bergen, Germany Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 7:32 am
    ----
Bergen training area
range 8A: the two T-72s here are scrapped and replaced by two Beobachtungspanzers (rebuild KanonenJagdPanzers)

In the hard target storage area were the following verhicles;
3 x German M48A2GAA2 (one with r/n Y-779029)
2 x DDR PT-76
2 x DDR T-72 (one of them probably a M1 model)
1 x German M42 Duster
2 x Dutch PRTL SPAAG (one with r/n KU-79-14)
3 x Dutch M113C&V recce verhicle
38 x German BPz (BeobachtungsPanzer)
5 x German HS30 lang

At the gate of Horsten barracks is a HS30 lang preserved, no r/n visible

The Centurion at the gate of Hohne Camp was still there.

Regards,
Lesley

#2: Re: Bergen, Germany Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 7:56 pm
    ----
Lesley

I spent several rotations to Bergen, back in 88 & 89. Primarily housed in the Orbkie (Spelling?) billits.

Recently found a series of photos, taken by Recce helicopter of Range 9. This was where the CAT competition took part.

I can still visualize significant detail of lane 3 on Range 9. This was 'MY' lane for the 89 CAT Shoot.

I'm going to scan them, when I can get around to it.

At that time there were Chieftains & Challangers assigned at Bergen.

Never saw any 'hard targets' up close.

Don

#3: Re: Bergen, Germany Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:17 pm
    ----
Hello Dontos,
I know the camp, it called Oerbke. They were old buildings and when you walked in the hall you could see the space in walls were to put the rifles during the wehrmacht time.

Most of the times we are at Horsten lager which is more modern and maintenance facilities are better.

Lane 3 in a platoon with four tanks, in the Dutch army you should be Romeo on the platoon radionet (R = platooncommander).

Range 9 is still in use and is in the NL army used to shoot the so-called Bult Francis Cup once a year, which is the tankgunnery match between the battalions. Unfortunately we just have two battalions left (11th and 42nd Tkbat).

At the moment there are still Challengers 2s based near Oerbke.

regards,
Lesley

#4: Re: Bergen, Germany Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:22 pm
    ----
M48 hull

#5: Re: Bergen, Germany Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:24 pm
    ----
Dutch PRTL SPAAG

#6: Re: Bergen, Germany Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:27 pm
    ----
Former east german T72

#7: Re: Bergen, Germany Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:30 pm
    ----
The second T72 at the storage area

#8: Re: Bergen, Germany Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 3:38 pm
    ----
I'm always telling my guys to never underestimate the value in photographing stripped down wrecks or hard targets - they usually provide valuable information for scratch-builders & modellers...

Cool

#9: Re: Bergen, Germany Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 4:13 pm
    ----
One of the platoonsergeants boresighting at range 8B

#10: Re: Bergen, Germany Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 4:16 pm
    ----
Leopard 2A6 firing at range 6, Bergen Germany. Finally got it at the right moment with the fireball..

The ''03'' is BTW the number of the tank of the companies XO.

In the foreground (sp?) are a YPR-765PRCO (companie command post) and an YPR-765PRGWT (medical APC)

#11: Re: Bergen, Germany Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 4:20 pm
    ----
Leopard 2 at range 6

#12: Re: Bergen, Germany Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 6:53 pm
    ----
- JimWeb
I'm always telling my guys to never underestimate the value in photographing stripped down wrecks or hard targets - they usually provide valuable information for scratch-builders & modellers...

Cool

Hello Jim,
Busy with a project?????

#13: Re: Bergen, Germany Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 11:59 am
    ----
- L.Delsing
One of the platoonsergeants boresighting at range 8B

Where's the Safety Officer/NCO?? Standing on a box on top of a folding chair on unlevel ground??? I count at least two DSVs (Direct Safety Violations) there

#14: Re: Bergen, Germany Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:00 pm
    ----
?????????? Are you serious that it is a violation in the US???? Shocked

Maybe it is not wise to do, but if he falls of the box / chair combination it is his own mistake and probably the others will have a good laugh.

I for example only use the box since I am taller than the one on the picture

The NCO involved in safety is also there at the spot, but will only do things with tankgun, machineguns, rifles, pistols and lasers.

Regards,
Lesley

#15: Re: Bergen, Germany Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 9:25 pm
    ----
- L.Delsing
- JimWeb

Cool

Hello Jim,
Busy with a project?????

Not really - I'm going to be tied up with the skeleton tank one for the next couple of years.. but there is never any harm in having something in reserve!

Cool

-> AFV News Discussion Board