additional tweak for fs9
-> FS2004

#1: additional tweak for fs9 Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 7:10 am
    ----
Word of warning first !

this is for XP only !! do NOT try this with Vista !!

If you are not familiar with changing things in the registry, then don't, or make sure that you make a BACKUP of your entiry registry in case of !

RUN

REGEDIT

goto

HKEY LOCAL MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management

Modify

DisablePagingExecutive

set

DWORD value to 1

apply and exit regedit

this little tweak also works for fsx as has been reported

Also the minimum amount of RAM to make any progress with this little change is at least 512mB, the more RAM the better it will work, 2 GB beeing the optimum for fs9.

#2: Re: additional tweak for fs9 Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 9:49 am
    ----
Mine was already set to that... Wink

Thanks for the head ups Fled!

#3: Re: additional tweak for fs9 Author: Rixster PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:00 pm
    ----
what does this do?

#4: Re: additional tweak for fs9 Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:06 pm
    ----
Good question! I didn't try this myself becuase of that lack of info.....here's what I found.....from www.neoseeker.com/Arti...eak/3.html

Memory Performance

Improving memory performance can be done simply by preventing your hard drive from being used for cache. This is only useful with 256Mb or more of RAM.

Everything that you'll need to edit here can be found in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Control/Session Manager/Memory Management

So of course add [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management] to your *.reg file.

Disable Paging Executive
This will prevent pages sections from RAM going to the hard drive. If you have a large amount of RAM at least 256Mb (I suggest 512) you might want to keep the data in your RAM to improve your performance considerably due to reduced amount of hard drive swappage. The entry that you will want to modify is called DisablePagingExecutive. Changing this from 0 to 1 will keep the data in your RAM.

Microsoft refers to it as a debugging mode:

www.microsoft.com/tech...x?mfr=true

-> FS2004