Oh good grief....
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Oh good grief.... Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:25 pm
    ----
Even CNN are refering to it as the gavin...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_ntdB17cW4

Cool

#2: Re: Oh good grief.... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:24 pm
    ----
CNN are not known for being informed on the issues, especially this one.
BTW, that video and many others uploaded by one "nomorenarcissism", the rhetoric inherent in the name should sound familiar..... Rolling Eyes

#3: Re: Oh good grief.... Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:41 pm
    ----
Hi Folks!

It's not all CNN's fault. More and more people are picking the name up for FAS.org and other Defense related news sites that are getting it from that Airborne site.

I read a report about two weeks ago on a hearing where a Congressman called the M113 by that name.

Sgt, Scouts Out!

#4: Re: Oh good grief.... Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:08 pm
    ----
Do a Google search on M113 Gavin. 947 hits is what I got......

#5: Re: Oh good grief.... Author: ManoloLocation: Milan, Paris centers of fine fashion! PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:18 pm
    ----
home.comcast.net/~gene...gavin.html

Wink

#6: Re: Oh good grief.... Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:19 pm
    ----
I am considering getting him on one of my BlogTalkRadio broadcasts but tracking down his actual email address and not one of his many dead-ends is a problem....

At least he would be a sitting target for everyone to quiz as to this mania for calling it the Gggggg - there I cant even say it Wink

Cool

#7: Re: Oh good grief.... Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:11 am
    ----
Hi Manolo! Hi Folks!

- Manolo

Out standing web site! Thanks for the link Manolo!

I agree with about 99% of it and tried the "e-mail me" link at the bottom.

The link didn't work and I didn't noticed a name for the individual who did all that great work. Without those two items, I would think it would turn folks off who don't know this story.

To who every did that web site, thank you.

For all you folks who call the M114, the Lingle, I keep waiting for the day some one like Lui Dobbs or FAS.org will use it and I will be able to contact them and tell them it is just an inter-net joke by all the great folks here at AFV News.
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#8: Re: Oh good grief.... Author: ManoloLocation: Milan, Paris centers of fine fashion! PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:27 am
    ----
- Roy_A_Lingle
The link didn't work and I didn't noticed a name for the individual who did all that great work. Without those two items, I would think it would turn folks off who don't know this story.
To who every did that web site, thank you.

63.99.108.76/forums/in...opic=20722

Wink

#9: Re: Oh good grief.... Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:33 am
    ----
Hi Folks!

Well, for what ever good it might do, I just sent CNN news a long winded e-mail about their Senior Pentagon Corresponce's (Jamie McIntyre) miss-use of the G----- name when he was reporting about the M113s.

Spot Report!
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#10: Re: Oh good grief.... Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:26 am
    ----
Hey Doug!

Didn't Sparky take down your M60 gun shield picture? If so it's back!

Check out:
www.combatreform2.com/...combat.htm

It's about 1/6 or 1/5 of the way down the page. At least this time he gives you credit for it along with your service on the M551.

Spot Report!
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#11: Re: Oh good grief.... Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:15 am
    ----
- Roy_A_Lingle
Hey Doug!

He uses my images all the time...

Cool

#12: Re: Oh good grief.... Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:50 am
    ----
The guy is like the energizer bunny with diarreha! Mr. Green

#13: Re: Oh good grief.... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:26 am
    ----
- Roy_A_Lingle
Hey Doug!

Check out:

It's about 1/6 or 1/5 of the way down the page. At least this time he gives you credit for it along with your service on the M551.

Spot Report!
Sgt, Scouts Out!

Roy,

I'm not flattered. This, and the way he uses your comments (WAY out of context) is the way he operates. Not having any BTDT experience himself, he uses that of others (without permission) in a lame attempt to add some sort of credibilty to his unsupportable position while appearing to surround himself with the "support" of lots of others who have done the very thing he hasn't, served on armored vehicles and particularly in a combat environment. If he got a bulk mail Christmas card from the Army, I expect it would be represented as a "letter of endorsement" from the Dept. of the Army on the website, somehow.

As your post implies, you recall from the other board that he and I had an agreement that he'd take those pictures down in exchange for my removing screenshots of his abusive emails in reply to my polite request that he do so. Not surprizingly, he has abrogated that agreement and gone back to using my photographs without permission, against my expressed wishes, and in direct apposition to what he said he would do, so in addition to all his other many flaws, he is not a man of his word, either. Big surprize.

#14: Re: Oh good grief.... Author: T13b1(be)Location: belgium PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:14 pm
    ----
Check out:

his website isn't even complete in his list off country's that use the gavin is Belgium missing.
But waite off course that's normal we do use the M 113 and not the Gavin. lol Laughing Wink

#15: Re: Oh good grief.... Author: Jim_Coles PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:20 pm
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey

As your post implies, you recall from the other board that he and I had an agreement that he'd take those pictures down in exchange for my removing screenshots of his abusive emails in reply to my polite request that he do so. Not surprizingly, he has abrogated that agreement and gone back to using my photographs without permission, against my expressed wishes, and in direct apposition to what he said he would do, so in addition to all his other many flaws, he is not a man of his word, either. Big surprize.

Have you tried complaining to the Internet Service Provider for his site about his unauthorized use of copyrighted photos? This can often get action, especially with the current emphasis on intellectual property protection.

-> AFV News Discussion Board