Ft. Knox Stryker photos
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Ft. Knox Stryker photos Author: A-109ELocation: Minneapolis PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:51 pm
    ----
I spent several days at Ft. Knox at the end of April and was present for the set up for the Armor Warfare Conference. Saw these Strykers in the parking lot. Just some of the 600 plus photos I took. <grin>

--Bob Steinbrunn

#2: Re: Ft. Knox Stryker photos Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:49 pm
    ----
Hey - No tire on the rear door Wink

#3: Re: Ft. Knox Stryker photos Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:04 am
    ----
It appears there were only the two varients on display. Was there a mortar version and if so, did you get any photo's of it? I really like the 120mm cannon on the Stryker, just looks so intimidating. The one thing that always gets me, is the use of Armor-All on the tires for display vehicles, come-on!!!.
I would guess that the old junk tire we saw on the rear of the other Stryker in another thread, was to assist in keeping the metal grating from sinking into soft sand and/or from inadvertantly having paint scraped off on concrete surfaces, (motorpools). On our moratr tracks rear ramps, (M106's and M1064's) we would always place old ammo crates, water jugs, or the like under the ramps to keep them horizontal with the terrain and to keep them off the motorpool concrete when they were in the lowered position.

#4: Re: Ft. Knox Stryker photos Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:23 am
    ----
FYI, its "just" a 105mm gun...

Neil

#5: Re: Ft. Knox Stryker photos Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:17 pm
    ----
I was informed that it was the same system used on the M1 tank originaly, which I guess was the 105mm. Do you suppose these are the same systems that were replaced by the 120mm and they now have a new home on the Stryker?

#6: Re: Ft. Knox Stryker photos Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:30 pm
    ----
Yes, its the M68 105mm gun that was used on the M1 Abrams and the M60 series.

Neil

-> AFV News Discussion Board