Armor Warfighting Conference pics #3 - Ft. Knox
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Armor Warfighting Conference pics #3 - Ft. Knox Author: A-109ELocation: Minneapolis PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:52 pm
    ----
Several more vehicles outside the converence center in the parking lot, and a much smaller one inside. Smile

#2: Re: Armor Warfighting Conference pics #3 - Ft. Knox Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:03 pm
    ----

M1A2E3 ???

New version of the Oryx ???

Cool

#3: Re: Armor Warfighting Conference pics #3 - Ft. Knox Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:02 pm
    ----
[quote="JimWeb"]

M1A2E3 ???

Jim

Now Now, don't wanna start any false variant rumors.....

This is 'simply' an M1A1 with ALL the 'dealer options'.

Note: No improved CWS or CITV, so not even an M1A2.

Don

#4: Re: Armor Warfighting Conference pics #3 - Ft. Knox Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:02 pm
    ----
- Dontos

Jim

Now Now, don't wanna start any false variant rumors.....

This is 'simply' an M1A1 with ALL the 'dealer options'.

Note: No improved CWS or CITV, so not even an M1A2.

Don

Damn you can never trust anyone from TACOM to get the designations right. - I'll email him straight away with your correction....

Cool

#5: Re: Armor Warfighting Conference pics #3 - Ft. Knox Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:01 am
    ----
BTW anyone notice the commanders mount on the M1A2 behind that vehicle?

Cool

#6: Re: Armor Warfighting Conference pics #3 - Ft. Knox Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:03 am
    ----
Did I see an image of an Abrams fitted with the birdcage armour somewhere on this board?

Or am I suffering from lack of breakfast? Wink

Cool

#7: Re: Armor Warfighting Conference pics #3 - Ft. Knox Author: SabotLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:58 am
    ----
It's called TUSK or Tank Urban Survivability Kit. It includes the ERA panels (which require removal of the normal ballistic skirts), a loaders armored gun station that includes a thermal sight), and a few other doodads like the Tank/Infantry phone (TI phone).

There's also a BUSK for the Bradley. I wonder if there's a GUSK for the M113 Wink

#8: Re: Armor Warfighting Conference pics #3 - Ft. Knox Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:33 am
    ----
I hear they are bringing back M114 Carriers for Iraq. Will be called the "Lingle Urban Survivability Track" or "LUST". Wink

#9: Re: Armor Warfighting Conference pics #3 - Ft. Knox Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:47 pm
    ----
Hi Mark ! Hi Folks!

- MarkHolloway

I hear they are bringing back M114 Carriers for Iraq. Will be called the "Lingle Urban Survivability Track" or "LUST". Wink

I can see the CNN headlines now! A Lingle LUST breaks a track while racing through rush hour traffic and takes out a dozen POVs, six of which where found to be loaded with artillery shells! Laughing Rolling Eyes Wink

I wonder now that the Army will be using something I was trained on, if they will recall me now? Razz

Sgt, Scouts Out!

#10: Re: Armor Warfighting Conference pics #3 - Ft. Knox Author: A2_Prius PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:28 pm
    ----
Is the fixture on the right rear of the wheeled vehicle for an anti-IED antenna?

#11: Re: Armor Warfighting Conference pics #3 - Ft. Knox Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:35 pm
    ----
Hi Jim! Hi Folks!

- JimWeb

Cool

If you are talking about the mount for the M2HB 50 cal. machine gun, that is one way to ID an A2 as an SEP. That change was one of the items done during the SEP upgrade.

Speaking of A2s and A2 SEPs, does anyone know if there are still any standard A2s in service or did all of them get upgraded to SEP status?

Sgt, Scouts out!

#12: Re: Armor Warfighting Conference pics #3 - Ft. Knox Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:04 pm
    ----
- Roy_A_Lingle
Hi Jim! Hi Folks!

- JimWeb

Cool

If you are talking about the mount for the M2HB 50 cal. machine gun, that is one way to ID an A2 as an SEP. That change was one of the items done during the SEP upgrade.

Speaking of A2s and A2 SEPs, does anyone know if there are still any standard A2s in service or did all of them get upgraded to SEP status?

Sgt, Scouts out!

The 'FLEX' M2HB (on the M1A2 & -A2 SEP) replaced the 'Crysler' M2HB (on the M1 thru M1A1).

The CWS was completely altered to facilitate the CITV/IVIS/FBCB2.

gagets & Information 'over load' replaced the ability to fire the .50cal from within the turret.

Don

#13: Re: Armor Warfighting Conference pics #3 - Ft. Knox Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:11 pm
    ----
Hi Don! Hi Folks!

- Dontos
- Roy_A_Lingle

Sgt, Scouts out!

The 'FLEX' M2HB (on the M1A2 & -A2 SEP) replaced the 'Crysler' M2HB (on the M1 thru M1A1).
Don

So the 'FLEX' mount is standard on all A2? OK, that was an alertness test to see if anyone was paying attention! Well done Don, you passed the test!

Sgt, Scouts Out!

-> AFV News Discussion Board