New Anti-Tank Gun and Artillery Web Site
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: New Anti-Tank Gun and Artillery Web Site Author: lovett155Location: Falls Church/Washington DC PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:09 pm
    ----
I have recently set up a web site showing my Anti-Tank Gun and Artillery collection. Most of the pieces are WW1 & WW2 Era and are represented by significant US, German, Japanese, British and French pieces. I hope some of you will find it interesting.
The site is: www.lovettartillery.com

#2: Re: New Anti-Tank Gun and Artillery Web Site Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:21 pm
    ----
Ralph,
I editted your post to make the link to your site functional.

That's a mighty colorful French 75 you've got there!

D.

#3: Re: New Anti-Tank Gun and Artillery Web Site Author: lovett155Location: Falls Church/Washington DC PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:44 pm
    ----
Doug,

The French 75mm is “colorful� but hopefully the correct colors. I based the camouflage scheme on the WW1 Era US Army regulations for the 3 color camouflage and to some degree on period photos. I also have a very “colorful� German 15cm s.F.H.�02. Its color scheme is based on photos, other examples of German WW1 camouflage, like helmets, and other German pieces in the Belgium Army Museum.

Thanks for the help with editing my post. I see now the link to my site does work.

Ralph

#4: Re: New Anti-Tank Gun and Artillery Web Site Author: Chris_CLocation: WV, USA PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:39 am
    ----
That's quite a collection!

#5: Re: New Anti-Tank Gun and Artillery Web Site Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:02 am
    ----
balls for the queen, balls for the queen!
thanks for sharing ralph. nice to see red legs represent up in here! i see that you reenact, do you compete/live fire with any of your arty pieces? if so, have you attended the competition at camp grayling, MI?
shawn

#6: Re: New Anti-Tank Gun and Artillery Web Site Author: lovett155Location: Falls Church/Washington DC PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:03 am
    ----
SHAWN

I have done a fair amount of "Living History Events", US Army Saint Barbra's Events (3 ID), some re-enacting and live fire. However, all the live fire has been either for US Army Capabilities Exercises or just our own collection independent of any event. What little free time I have these days generally goes to restoration. I've got a lot of work let to do on the 15cm sFH "13, 10,5cm lFH "16, two 7,7cm lFK"96 and the 9cm C/73.

I'm glad you enjoyed the web site

Ralph Lovett

-> AFV News Discussion Board