Open House AAR (LST/R.M.P./Patton Museum)
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#31: Re: Open House AAR (LST/R.M.P./Patton Museum) Author: jcneelLocation: Victoria, Texas PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:39 am
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner
- armyjunk2
Here are the German vehicles I saw at Richardson Motor Pool, you will notice that lots are covered.....

Uh.... No idea...

Neil

This last one looks to me to be a Marder III Ausf M hull - either missing the weapon or possibly an AA version? I tend to believe that is the former.

Sad to see all these vehicles like this. Between the Aberdeen collection and this one, the US could have one heck of a nice Armor Museum.....

Great photos - thanks for sharing - wish I could have been there for that one.

Chris Neel

#32: Re: Open House AAR (LST/R.M.P./Patton Museum) Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:45 am
    ----
most likely this

#33: Re: Open House AAR (LST/R.M.P./Patton Museum) Author: Garry_RedmonLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:02 am
    ----
Neil,
That is the Grizzly that used to be in the museum. It was moved out so it could participate as a runner in events like Life of the Soldier.

Nice pics, AJ. I still cringe a bit every time I come to the motor pool and see all of those vehicles and guns sitting outside. At least they have some cover, but it is not good to have them sitting outside with rodents chewing the wiring and building nests and who know what else happening to them. Crying or Very sad

#34: Re: Open House AAR (LST/R.M.P./Patton Museum) Author: A-109ELocation: Minneapolis PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:02 pm
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey

This one deserves a close-up for Bob since it's a 17th Cav bird. Laughing

Hey! Who's the devilishly handsome pilot? Wink

#35: Re: Open House AAR (LST/R.M.P./Patton Museum) Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:05 pm
    ----
- A-109E
- Doug_Kibbey

Hey! Who's the devilishly handsome pilot? Wink

A janitor at Richardson Tank Park...just put him in there for scale...

#36: Re: Open House AAR (LST/R.M.P./Patton Museum) Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:15 pm
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner
Hey Don, would you believe I actually need the SN & RN of the museum's Ontos?

Neil

USMC # 226684 ( The RN )
SN: ?
Hull Stamp is 304

No Data Plate but I think 304 is a valid SN. The Corps seemed to use the USMC # as a means of ID.

I'm still trying to run down SN data on all the vehicles, then match with USMC# and any surviving Data Plate information.

Total vehicle #'s are the problem. There were 44 Prototypes built ( by my research, no hard figure seems to exist. ) 297 M50's were built in the production run. This is the total vehicle count. The M50A1 count is 176 (I'm not sure if this is an officia/accuratel number) of existing M50's. Thats the raw numbers as best as I can tell.

I'm still hunting for documents outlining/listing any actual vehicle build count and hopefully how they were 'counted'. Hull SN/ USMC #/ or what?...

Thats one of my biggest 'stumbling points' as of now.

Sorry for rambling on.

#37: Re: Open House AAR (LST/R.M.P./Patton Museum) Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:51 pm
    ----
same vehicle

#38: Re: Open House AAR (LST/R.M.P./Patton Museum) Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:18 pm
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey
- armyjunk2
These are the other things I saw at Richardson Motor Pool, missing here is a large group of vehicles that were covered with tarps and parked so close together you couldn't get a picture.........

Hey,........I recognize that picture!!

NOW THAT IS ONE HELL OF A GOOD PHOTOGRAPHER...!!!!!

Wink
Don

#39: Re: Open House AAR (LST/R.M.P./Patton Museum) Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:22 pm
    ----
- Dontos

Hey,........I recognize that picture!!

NOW THAT IS ONE HELL OF A GOOD PHOTOGRAPHER...!!!!!

Wink
Don

I have some others by that same guy...he's like, the W. Eugene Smith of Planet Knox! Laughing

-> AFV News Discussion Board