What's this vehicle?
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: What's this vehicle? Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:12 am
    ----

"U.S. Army 1st Lt. Luke Conway keeps an eye out for anything suspicious during a mission in south Baqubah, Iraq, June 11, 2007. Conway is from Charlie Company, 1st Battalion, 12th Cavalry Regiment, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division. DoD photo by Senior Airman Steve Czyz, U.S. Air Force. (Released) "

#2: Re: What's this vehicle? Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:05 am
    ----
Something looks odd here but I think it's an M1 tank. Behind him is the ballistic door for ammo storage.

#3: Re: What's this vehicle? Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:39 pm
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey

"U.S. Army 1st Lt. Luke Conway keeps an eye out for anything suspicious during a mission in south Baqubah, Iraq, June 11, 2007. Conway is from Charlie Company, 1st Battalion, 12th Cavalry Regiment, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division. DoD photo by Senior Airman Steve Czyz, U.S. Air Force. (Released) "

M1A2 SEP

Visible is the CITV screen & the FBCB2.
Don

#4: Re: What's this vehicle? Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:48 pm
    ----
Thanks, Guys!

#5: Re: What's this vehicle? Author: javallsLocation: Rio de Janeiro - BR PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:05 pm
    ----
Hi,

Isn't it too big for an M1 hatch and periscopes ?

I would say it is the interior of an LVTP7.

J Valls

#6: Re: What's this vehicle? Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:24 pm
    ----
- javalls
Hi,

J Valls

Jose,

Being operated by an Army Cavalry unit? Seems unlikely. Maybe an effect of a "fisheye" lens.

Regards,
Doug

Does this help anyone?

#7: Re: What's this vehicle? Author: javallsLocation: Rio de Janeiro - BR PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:28 pm
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey
- javalls
Hi,

J Valls

Jose,

Being operated by an Army Cavalry unit? Seems unlikely. Maybe an effect of a "fisheye" lens.

Regards,
Doug

Does this help anyone?

You're right.
Also note the armoured door for the amunition on the right.

J Valls

#8: Re: What's this vehicle? Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:15 pm
    ----

Isn't that the butt-end of an M242 protruding into the image on the left-hand-side?

Cool

#9: Re: What's this vehicle? Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:21 pm
    ----
- JimWeb

Isn't that the butt-end of an M242 protruding into the image on the left-hand-side?

Cool

Where?

#10: Re: What's this vehicle? Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:28 pm
    ----
Time to report for your eye-test Doug - there is only one item protruding into the image from the left-hand side apart from the screens...

Cool

#11: Re: What's this vehicle? Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:42 pm
    ----
- JimWeb
Time to report for your eye-test Doug - there is only one item protruding into the image from the left-hand side apart from the screens...

Cool

I believe that's a sighting 'scope, Jim...with the eyecup thingy removed. Wink

#12: Re: What's this vehicle? Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:38 pm
    ----
You could be right but to me it looks like the end of the electric drive motor of the cannon.

The arrangement of the screens is a bit strange - cannot be much room for the gunner to get out if your right..

Cool

#13: Re: What's this vehicle? Author: ossie PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:31 pm
    ----
ok
i know what it is but dont know the name, it is a fres design tank for teh USA Army , half the size if a M1 & two man crew , hexagon gun barrel , just seen it on TV last week.
Ossie Laughing

#14: Re: What's this vehicle? Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:36 pm
    ----
- ossie
ok
i know what it is but dont know the name, it is a fres design tank for teh USA Army , half the size if a M1 & two man crew , hexagon gun barrel , just seen it on TV last week.
Ossie Laughing

Part of the latest trend, Ossie...not assigning a name to armored vehicles until after they've been fielded for about...oh...thirty years or so. Since it's small, it'll be a shoe-in to be an airborne general, though.

Hexagon gun barrel, yep...they're long overdue for a comeback...it was just a question of when. Everything old is new again. Wink

#15: Re: What's this vehicle? Author: ossie PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:53 pm
    ----
HI DOUG

thanks yepeeee but i am a BRIT , surprised no one else got it right from the USA .
Ossie

-> AFV News Discussion Board