What's this vehicle?
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: What's this vehicle? Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:25 am
    ----
The 2 man tank??? Not too sure about that

Heres what I see: ( Having spent a good part of 21 years in the close confines of the Abrams Turret...)

#1) Diopter (eye piece) for the TCGPSE (Tank Commanders Gunners Primary Sight Extention. The metal bar just above (#2) number 1, is the mounting bar for the brow pad.

The TC is holding the TC's Override. The Semi-Ready Ammo Door is visible (#3) Usually the TC's Curtain cover the Semi Ready Door, but it is removed. The Ammo door actuator shaft is above (#4). It too is usually obscured by the TCs curtain.

#5 is the TCs Body Armor which is accesable if he goes open hatch.

# 6 is the Turret data plate.

#7 is the partially visible TC's master panel.

#8 is the TC hatch 'tilt release' lock (my term). The hatch is fully closed. The M1A2 & SEP TCs hatch have larger and more numerous Vision blocks.

This is, in my best guess, a 'concave' lensed (of whatever) camera, taken from Loaders position over the gun, of an M1A2 SEP Abrams Tank. 1/12 CAV conducted M1A2 SEP issue in late 1999.

I am aware of 'rumors' that certain vehicles have been used in a limited capacity, but don't believe this is the case in this photo.

JMO
Don

#17: Re: What's this vehicle? Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:14 pm
    ----
- Dontos
The 2 man tank??? Not too sure about that

Heres what I see: ( Having spent a good part of 21 years in the close confines of the Abrams Turret...)

#1) Diopter (eye piece) for the TCGPSE (Tank Commanders Gunners Primary Sight Extention. The metal bar just above (#2) number 1, is the mounting bar for the brow pad.

JMO
Don

Does this mean I passed my eye exam?

#18: Re: What's this vehicle? Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:41 pm
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey
Does this mean I passed my eye exam?

Nah - just means we won't call you ol' one-eye any more Wink

I'm off to the sandbox friday for 8 days and I shall probably sulk the entire time I am there now Wink

Cool

#19: Re: What's this vehicle? Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:08 pm
    ----
Humility is good for the soul. Besides, if one doesn't make every thread a contest, then sulking (or gloating) would never be necessry. As Bob Smart just recently said:
"Hey, thats what the forum is for. Our collective memory is better than what any of us can do individually. We each contribute our knowledge and ideas, mix it with everyone elses and come up with the real answer."

...the guys a freakin' philosopher. Must be the Air Force influence. Or something. Laughing

www.com-central.net/in...amp;t=7090

(I just wonder what took Don so long to get his butt in here and get us sorted out...I think he was waitin' to sharpshoot us all....)

-> AFV News Discussion Board