Scenes at Ft. Knox - pics #5
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: Scenes at Ft. Knox - pics #5 Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:06 am
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner
Okay... I'll be good...

Neil

Map # 3: Wilson Road & Eisenhower; Cherry Hall; Copple Center

More to follow...
Don

#17: Re: Scenes at Ft. Knox - pics #5 Author: A-109ELocation: Minneapolis PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:45 pm
    ----
- SFC_Jeff_Button
Hey all, I just "Popped in" again. A-109E, if you get Ft hood way look me up! TONS of armor, both display and in motor pools that I can take you to. I'll just need some advance warning of your visit as I will have to coordinate with my new job. Speaking of which, I interviewed with a CSM at III Corp and was accepted to work as HHC III Corp G-4, Supply & Service Div NCOIC. I started yesterday and am quite busy already.

Thanks, Jeff; much appreciated! Congrats on the new position!

#18: Re: Scenes at Ft. Knox - pics #5 Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:42 pm
    ----
- Dontos

Here is a TOP SECRET photo of the EM50 for the uneducated....( Ala 'Stripes' )

[img]http://www.cloudster.com/sets&vehicles/Stripes/Stripes_664a.jpg[/img]

Mr. Green
Don

Shush,

can't let everybody in on this top secret system... Cool

OK, 'fess up you characters, who of you was an extra in "Stripes"? And a trivia question: Where were the Russian camp scenes shot at? Mr. Green

Cheers,

Jens O.

In a "Stripesy" mood today...

#19: Re: Scenes at Ft. Knox - pics #5 Author: Garry_RedmonLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:02 am
    ----
The exterior and taxi scenes at the beginning of the movie were shot in Louisville. Basic Training, of course, at Ft. Knox and the Czech scenes were filmed in Eastern Kentucky, but not sure of the exact location. I can find out since I know the state film commission staff that worked on the movie.

#20: Re: Scenes at Ft. Knox - pics #5 Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:12 am
    ----
Very good Garry,

but no need to check with the former staff, it was the James B. Beam Distilling Co. at 149 Happy Hollow Road, Clermont- an American icon masquerading as a Russian outpost. Smile

Cheers,

Jens O.

#21: Re: Scenes at Ft. Knox - pics #5 Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:56 am
    ----
I hope no whiskey was injured in the making of the film Laughing

#22: Re: Scenes at Ft. Knox - pics #5 Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:55 pm
    ----
Don, the M59 at the "Hospital Parking Lot" - I assume thats the Ireland Army Community Hospital...

BTW, its now the "4th Cavalry Brigade" www.knox.army.mil/part.../index.asp

I love how the Army decides to rename its training support brigades every 4 or 5 years to give them historical brigade designations - and then inevitably switches back to generic divisional brigade designations...

Neil

#23: Re: Scenes at Ft. Knox - pics #5 Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:14 pm
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner
Don, the M59 at the "Hospital Parking Lot" - I assume thats the Ireland Army Community Hospital...

One in the same....

BTW, its now the "4th Cavalry Brigade" www.knox.army.mil/part.../index.asp

I love how the Army decides to rename its training support brigades every 4 or 5 years to give them historical brigade designations - and then inevitably switches back to generic divisional brigade designations...

Neil

Yeah, and they no longer wear 85th Div (TS) but 1st Army Patches.....

Guess the fashion change with the ACUs facilitated a patch change to 1ST ARMY.

My wife still refers to them as 'pajamas' with velcro

Don

#24: Re: Scenes at Ft. Knox - pics #5 Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:19 pm
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner

Neil

Here is a post wide map, with indicator flags for vehicle locations.

Don

Last edited by Dontos on Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total

#25: Re: Scenes at Ft. Knox - pics #5 Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:20 pm
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner
- A-109E

Uhh... 16th Cavalry HQ at Brave Rifles & Old Ironsides? Should also be 2 M60A3s there?

Neil

The two M60A3's are on the other side of the building...

Don

#26: Re: Scenes at Ft. Knox - pics #5 Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:25 pm
    ----
Thanks Don! Great map!

BTW, we need to get the SN off that Abrams' skirts...

Neil

#27: Re: Scenes at Ft. Knox - pics #5 Author: DirkLocation: South Africa PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:02 am
    ----
A-109E

Thank you for the super photos of the USMC M60.

Best regards

Dirk

#28: Re: Scenes at Ft. Knox - pics #5 Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:02 pm
    ----
- SFC_Jeff_Button
- Doug_Kibbey
- A-109E

One of the fascinating aspects of this DB (for me, at least) is posting a photo of a vehicle which appears to be just so much scrap steel and then have members provide a lengthy historical sketch on it. Thanks. Smile

You have got to meet Jeff Button if you get down to Texas and Ft. Hood. Let him show you his files on some of his projects from vehicles to aircraft he's taken an "interest" in. Laughing

He pops in here from time-to-time. Tell him I sent ya'.

Hey all, I just "Popped in" again. A-109E, if you get Ft hood way look me up! TONS of armor, both display and in motor pools that I can take you to. I'll just need some advance warning of your visit as I will have to coordinate with my new job. Speaking of which, I interviewed with a CSM at III Corp and was accepted to work as HHC III Corp G-4, Supply & Service Div NCOIC. I started yesterday and am quite busy already.
As far as my research is going, I visited Mr Steven Draper at the 1st CAV museum and he had me on his computer up-dating the historical data and correct serial numbers / USA-Reg numbers for all his M4 Sheramn varients. He was quite pleased and appriciative of the info and pictures I had put together. However I have to give a HUGE thanks to Joe DeMarco. I am now going to start on the M3 / M5's and record their info. Gotta run, I'm on my lunch. I'll check back in soon!!!!

Well, don´t say I did´t tell you so...and when the good sergeant retires, I´ve got a pretty good idea what his hobby or second dicipline is going to be already. Wink

#29: Re: Scenes at Ft. Knox - pics #5 Author: SabotLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:47 am
    ----
Don't forget that the 1st Armor Training Brigade reflags to become the 194th Armor Brigade this summer.

#30: Re: Scenes at Ft. Knox - pics #5 Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:16 pm
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner
- A-109E

Neil

16th CAV HQ

IPM-1 - SN: D1301 RN: JZ01VZ

Bullion Blvd ( Chaffee Gate ?!)

M-1 - SN D275 RN JZ0_Z_

Photos to follow....
Regards
Don

-> AFV News Discussion Board