Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> Hardware

#1: newbie Author: Shadow_Banshee PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:19 pm
    ----
ok i'm having a problem with open core and is its capable of single cycle under win XP, i have tried everything but cant seem to get it right.. any ideas

#2: Re: newbie Author: IDF_FalconLocation: 32.0110°N, 34.7720°E PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:25 pm
    ----
Hi Mick
i had this problem too, long ago.
First you have to run a Synthesis test , and post the results so i can help you.
mine for example is 150MHz@XC2V250 (ISE)
good luck

#3: Re: newbie Author: Shadow_Banshee PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:29 pm
    ----
ok done ok and my syntesis result is 28MHz@EP20K100 (SYN) , what now?

#4: Re: newbie Author: IDF_FalconLocation: 32.0110°N, 34.7720°E PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:32 pm
    ----
ok , now you have to remember that with 28MHz@EP20K100 (SYN).
The preferred bus is WISHBONE. This is the only commonly used SoC bus which is truly free.

This is a clean room implementation of the Microblaze processor. It is capable of executing code up to EDK2.1 compiled with the GCC compiler.

i hope it helped.

#5: Re: newbie Author: Shadow_Banshee PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:39 pm
    ----
OK pascal thanks but !! The dividers takes two inputs Z(2N-bit divident) and D(N-bit divisor), and return Q(N-bit quotient), S(N-bit remainder), div0(division by zero), and ovf(overflow).
The remainder output runs at about 82MHz in a Spartan2e100 -6 device and occupies 1132 LUTs (about 47%) and 1736 registers (about 72%) of the device.
so how i configure this?

#6: Re: newbie Author: IDF_FalconLocation: 32.0110°N, 34.7720°E PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:47 pm
    ----
well from now on its easy.

if the remainder occupies 1132 LUTs (about 47%) and 1736 registers (about 72%) of the device.

all you have to to is to keep a single copy of the CVR master sources. This copy is called the source `repository''; it contains all the information to permit extracting previous software releases at any time based on either a symbolic revision tag, or a date in the past.

but you have to do it carefully . because it might access the source code via your favourite WWW browser. This allows you to access the contents of individual files in the repository and also to look at the revision history and commit logs of individual files.
You can also ask for a diff listing between any two versions on the repository.

#7: Re: newbie Author: Shadow_Banshee PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:51 pm
    ----
hummm. one would think the evaluation software could be configured to bypass these maybe i need a full version of the software?
what do you think? i thought that the quadrant of the core replenishes hymro packages anyhow......

#8: Re: newbie Author: IDF_FalconLocation: 32.0110°N, 34.7720°E PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:58 pm
    ----
well... its a current mistake to think that the quadrent of the core replanishes hymro packages, but it cannot.

Actualy Hymro uses the arak v1.2 To gain access via anonymous cvs.
and it do it in different ways.

and CVS does not just operate on one file at a time or one directory at a time, but operate on hierarrchical collections of directories consisting of version controlled files.

anyway I am a beguiner myself. i'll check further and i hope i'll have more acurate answers tomorow.

take care.

#9: Re: newbie Author: RAF92_MoserLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:21 pm
    ----
And you said you were a newbie? I have no idea what you're talking about lol.

#10: Re: newbie Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:15 pm
    ----
Pardon the input but, don't forget to make ABSOLUTELY SURE that your space modem is handshaking properly if you don't get proper resonance on the FIFO ring buffer.....this trips up a lot of people all too often. Until the new firmware upgrade passes BETA and becomes available, there are no internal checks for this and the interruptive parser algorithm can contribute to lockups due to hung interrupt service routines.

It's kind of a shock that a lot of the functionality boils down to dependencies on outdated 8530 or 85230 (BVME772) devices but until the E3C Compliance is addressed, I guess that's just the way it is...or was, the last time I played with it.

Best of luck!

#11: Re: newbie Author: IDF_FalconLocation: 32.0110°N, 34.7720°E PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:04 am
    ----
Exactly Stoopy, thats what I am trying to say.

because, In comparison to Verilog, VHDL, and C, systems designed in Confluence result in 2X to 10X code reduction, making the source easier to manage and reuse. And because Confluence relies on a corect-by-construction compiller, bugs are reduced – some are prevented altogether – thus reducing the overall verification effort.

and every kid know this.

I hope i helped

#12: Re: newbie Author: AARP-StepChildLocation: Hampton Va. US PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:52 am
    ----
Looks like your shoe is untied

#13: Re: newbie Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:51 am
    ----
ROFLMAO....You guys are nutzzzzzzzz....lol

#14: Re: newbie Author: Shadow_Banshee PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:16 am
    ----
As predicted Stoopy won. lol

#15: Re: newbie Author: IDF_FalconLocation: 32.0110°N, 34.7720°E PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:41 am
    ----
Got busted by Jerry again lol

-> Hardware