Ati X1650 256MB AGP card
-> Hardware

#1: Ati X1650 256MB AGP card Author: JG27_Tanker PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:24 am
    ----
Well my old 9700 pro is nearly dead and purchased this card for bout $82.

Any comments about this card?

#2: Re: Ati X1650 256MB AGP card Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:44 am
    ----
Hope your motherboard is AGP rather than PCI-e or it won't run.
(and if it is, why? Because PCI-e is faster and growing. ;))

www.tomshardware.co.uk...harts.html
This is a performance chart on Tom's Hardware which will give you a pretty good indication of where the card is in the market (about 4 places above mine lolol).
Don't forget there are some little monkey's waiting to inspect it properly and 'scent' it for you.

#3: Re: Ati X1650 256MB AGP card Author: JG27_Tanker PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:13 pm
    ----
Yup it was hard to find an an AGP card. My Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe mobo will handle it.

#4: Re: Ati X1650 256MB AGP card Author: Wombat PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:28 pm
    ----
I have the same mobo, and basically the same graphics card by Sapphire. I just upgraded two weeks ago, my card has 512mb though. So far I can say it's running great. I tested my frame rates in FS9 and was clocking about 24 fps flying over downtown Chicago with full detail and autogen sliders and a building storm for weather. once I got out over the lake I was getting 60 fps. All this with a Sempron 2.4+ cpu. It's also running IL2 smooth as glass, so I'm happy.

#5: Re: Ati X1650 256MB AGP card Author: vikingdriver PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:18 pm
    ----
- Wombat
I have the same mobo, and basically the same graphics card by Sapphire. I just upgraded two weeks ago, my card has 512mb though. So far I can say it's running great. I tested my frame rates in FS9 and was clocking about 24 fps flying over downtown Chicago with full detail and autogen sliders and a building storm for weather. once I got out over the lake I was getting 60 fps. All this with a Sempron 2.4+ cpu. It's also running IL2 smooth as glass, so I'm happy.

Hi Wombat,
I just had the same card installed and am using the 8.38 driver dated 5/17/2007. I also am using ATI tray tools and would be interested in what Direct 3D setings (AA ,AF, MpMap etc) you are using and what settings you are using in FS9.

Thanks.

#6: Re: Ati X1650 256MB AGP card Author: Wombat PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:03 pm
    ----
OK,

Here's my settings as far as I can figure out. I looked up my driver ver and date and it's just out of the box version 6.14.10.6660 dated 12/16/06. I don't update drivers unless what I have isn't running properly or causing conflicts, etc. This driver is running fine as far as I can tell. I'm attaching some screen shots I took from my FS display settings to save me from typing in all that data. I hope this helps you, and just ask if you need more info.

#7: Re: Ati X1650 256MB AGP card Author: vikingdriver PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:00 am
    ----
Thanks Wombat I'll give them a try on my machine. How about your AA, AF and MpMap settings that your using for the card?

Thanks

#8: Re: Ati X1650 256MB AGP card Author: Wombat PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:35 pm
    ----
For those I let the application decide, so the settings I have in flight sim are the settings the card uses. Most of those were what FS set afer I installed it. I don't mess with them much, I get more than enough fps flying offline, and plenty of headroom when I fly with groups online.

-> Hardware