TS problems?
-> Software

#1: TS problems? Author: Thud68Location: AZ USA PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:10 pm
    ----
Just this past week I finally got a broadband hookup through a company called Wi-Power. We got the best service they had advertised at 1500 D/L and 512U/L. Everything seems to be working fine except my TS.

Anyone know of any issues involving TS when you switch from D/U to B/B service.

Tried to use TS the other night and I could hear but my transmissions were almost inaudible. After some frantic "button banging" I lost all sound, no "ta da" when windows starts, no game sound. Thought I might have a bad sound card ( PCI512 by Creative). After one system restore I got the sound back but as soon as I tried to use TS again I lost sound. Deleted TS and tried a reinstall but same problem. Deleted TS and did find that the guy who installed the NIC card (hooked up to share a printer with wife) may have unplugged the headset plugs from the soundcard. Switched the headset plug and got sound back.
TS is still uninstalled and before I do a reinstall I need to know if there are any other issues to be aware of.
Running XP Pro.

Think I have the latest version of TS too.

Thanks Cool

#2: Re: TS problems? Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:38 pm
    ----
I have a problem with it but only because of Vista.

Used to run fine on XP and Broadband using my Medusa headphones if that helps.

#3: Re: TS problems? Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:52 pm
    ----
Thud, try THIS-HELP FORUMS AT TS They may have an answer for you.

Personally, I've not had any issues with TS.

#4: Re: TS problems? Author: 401RCAF_HitManLocation: Ontario, CANADA (next to the beer store) PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:00 pm
    ----
Hey Thud..did ya unplug that big USB powered Doughnut Makin Machine before plugin in yer headset? Mr. Green

#5: Re: TS problems? Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:06 pm
    ----
Just make sure you got your 20db mic boost on as well.

Start\control panel\sound and audio devices...
Select the voice tab. when the volume control widow opens select options and enable advanced options, if you can see your mic input slider than push it all the way up, press the advanced button at the bottom and check 'mic boost' box

If you can't see your mic slider bar then select options\properties and tick the microphone tab, then do the advanced bit again above.

Other than that TS should work straight out the box

(Unless your using a desktop mic)

#6: Re: TS problems? Author: Thud68Location: AZ USA PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:36 pm
    ----
Thank you all for the help. I finally got it working again.

Hitman I even moved the doughnut machine into the other room so it wouldn't interfere with the computer, you know how bad those things shake when the dough is mixing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (one I owe you Mr. Green )

#7: Re: TS problems? Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:28 pm
    ----
What did you need to do to get it working? Wink

#8: Re: TS problems? Author: Thud68Location: AZ USA PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:03 pm
    ----
...oh, sorry I forgot that I need to tell everyone how really stupid I am. Well while I was back there movin the "doughnut machine" I must have unplugged the leads to the soundcard, this I realized only after I clicked every option from the TS software thru the souncard device trying to figure out why the sound was nil.
Then I went to square one,( got there in a round about way) and simply plugged the leads into the right holes. Ya happy now? Rolling Eyes

#9: Re: TS problems? Author: 401RCAF_Sly PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:16 pm
    ----
We all done that Matey...

Glad you up to speed mate Laughing

Sly

-> Software