Anyone know anything "National Museum of Americans at War"
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Anyone know anything "National Museum of Americans at War" Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:05 am
    ----
Has anyone heard of a National Museum of Americans at War supposedly in Manassas, VA with
the following vehicles not listed in Neil's guide

M3A1 Halftrack
M4A3 Sherman
M5A1 Stuart

I might have to schedule a visit to my wife's cousin , she's close

Jeff Lewis

#2: Re: Anyone know anything "National Museum of Americans at War" Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:21 am
    ----
Look at the president. 'Allen Cors' - The Owner of the VMMV (Virginia Museum of Military Vehicles) A very nice collection of armor that is open to the public maybe once a year. Those vehicles are probably actually part of that collection.

Everything at their web site seems to written in the future tense (except their plea for support Rolling Eyes ) So I'm not sure if it is actually operational. I know, it is close enough that I should make a trip down to check out. Maybe in the fall.

#3: Re: Anyone know anything "National Museum of Americans at War" Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:49 am
    ----
Last I checked there is some sort of exhibit at the Manassas regional airport, just a bunch of pictures really...

Neil

#4: Re: Anyone know anything "National Museum of Americans at War" Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:22 am
    ----
- piney
Has anyone heard of a National Museum of Americans at War supposedly in Manassas, VA with
the following vehicles not listed in Neil's guide

M3A1 Halftrack
M4A3 Sherman
M5A1 Stuart

I might have to schedule a visit to my wife's cousin , she's close

Jeff Lewis

I found this at Xenophon-Mil.Org

Don

#5: Re: Anyone know anything "National Museum of Americans at Wa Author: RichardIsner PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:00 am
    ----
The Freedom Museum at the Manassas Airport is no longer asscciated with Allan Cors and the VMMV. The VMMV collection is to eventually be the centerpiece for the Museum of Americans at War, which will basically tell the story of the US serviceman in the 20th century to the present. I will be with some of the VMMV volunteers at Beltring. If I get more news I will pass it on when I return. I will also see if something is possibly coming in the Fall.

Richard Isner
Tankvideo.com

P.S. Unrelated to the question....I have my British DVD available now with Valentine (Gun and DD), Matilada I and II, Churchill, Crusader and Comet. Cost is $24.00. E-mail me at Tankboy1 @ starpower.net or see my website...Tankvideo.com.

-> AFV News Discussion Board