Vehicle ID
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Vehicle ID Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:16 am
    ----

#2: Re: Vehicle ID Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:29 am
    ----
You HAVE to explain that one Shocked

#3: Re: Vehicle ID Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:43 am
    ----
Hi Bob (F15)! Hi Folks!

- bsmart
You HAVE to explain that one Shocked

He be in TEXAS, he not have to explain nothing! Mr. Green

Sgt, Scouts Out!

#4: Re: Vehicle ID Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:56 am
    ----
What if we ask nicely Smile

At first I was thinking that the picture came from somewhere in the Balkins then I noticed the street sign above it and the cars in the background. Is this in El Paso?

#5: Re: Vehicle ID Author: mike_Duplessis PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:01 pm
    ----
Looks like SOMEONE has an inordinate fondness for Mad Max movies. Mr. Green

#6: Re: Vehicle ID Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:31 pm
    ----
I think it started life as a late 70's Chevrolet Impala, but it got a serious chop job Laughing

#7: Re: Vehicle ID Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:35 pm
    ----
Why.

it's an EM38 UATV, a forerunner to the EM50 UAV, of course- the plans are in the hidden compartment inside the top drawer of Agent 86's desk at CONTROL HQ... Cool

Despite paramount performance, it was doomed by California's emission laws. Mr. Green

Cheers,

Jens O.

#8: Re: Vehicle ID Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:01 pm
    ----
I saw this picture at humor.fountaingateway....umor44.htm

No explanation Smile

#9: Re: Vehicle ID Author: Jim_Coles PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:36 pm
    ----
I like the run-flat tires on the front! Mr. Green

#10: Re: Vehicle ID Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:54 pm
    ----
You see a lot of these on the streets of BelAir... Wink

#11: Re: Vehicle ID Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:46 am
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey

and Detroit?

Cool

#12: Re: Vehicle ID Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:14 pm
    ----
- JimWeb
- Doug_Kibbey

and Detroit?

Cool

Think "Chevrolet BelAir" (it´s a "pun" thang) Wink

#13: Re: Vehicle ID Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:22 pm
    ----
Actually I can see the residue of the extra chrome trim that made the Impala different from the Belair. And if you look real close on the fender in front of the passenger door you can see the impala leaping through the circle. Of course with that extended rear end and heavy duty suspension it may be more of a Wildebeast than an Impala now Wink

#14: Re: Vehicle ID Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:54 pm
    ----
- bsmart
Actually I can see the residue of the extra chrome trim that made the Impala different from the Belair. And if you look real close on the fender in front of the passenger door you can see the impala leaping through the circle. Of course with that extended rear end and heavy duty suspension it may be more of a Wildebeast than an Impala now Wink

Museum volunteers....fear them. Wink

-> AFV News Discussion Board