Wingy Thing (O/T)
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Wingy Thing (O/T) Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:07 pm
    ----
I'll bet a few of you remember these Smile

#2: Re: Wingy Thing (O/T) Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:59 am
    ----
OV-10 Bronco?, if I recall correctly. I love "Wingy Things" as well as armor!

#3: Re: Wingy Thing (O/T) Author: jcneelLocation: Victoria, Texas PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:35 am
    ----
- SFC_Jeff_Button
OV-10 Bronco?, if I recall correctly. I love "Wingy Things" as well as armor!

Negative! That would be an OV-1 Mohawk....

cn

#4: Re: Wingy Thing (O/T) Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:11 am
    ----

#5: Re: Wingy Thing (O/T) Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:40 pm
    ----
Used to be regular sight around Phu Bai...those were green, though.

#6: Re: Wingy Thing (O/T) Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:33 am
    ----
Hi Folks!

- Doug_Kibbey

I have seen a few OV1s during my time, but like Doug all of them were OD. That one at Biggs Field is the only one I have ever seen that was painted gray.

Sgt, Scouts Out!

#7: Re: Wingy Thing (O/T) Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:28 am
    ----
- Roy_A_Lingle
Hi Folks!

- Doug_Kibbey

I have seen a few OV1s during my time, but like Doug all of them were OD. That one at Biggs Field is the only one I have ever seen that was painted gray.

Sgt, Scouts Out!

Well,

they changed to gray sometime around the early eighties, if memory serves- the last green one I'd seen up close was in 1980 or 81, when I was reunited with the OV-1s around 1987/88, they'd acquired a few more bumps and were gray, flying hush-hush missions out of Wiesbaden-Erbenheim and they were definitely gray in SWA in 1990/91.

Cheers,

Jens O.

#8: Re: Wingy Thing (O/T) Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:08 pm
    ----
...took a pic of one today at the Museum de Ejercito in Bueno Aires...grey...served in the Malvinas campaign....but "mums" the word...."mum". Wink

-> AFV News Discussion Board