Some things I saw over the weekend
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Some things I saw over the weekend Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:36 pm
    ----
Some things I saw over the weekend. I am not putting a location because I didn't see the owner and he didn't give his permission, but I thought everyone would like to see this.....If you know the location please don't post it in here...........

Last edited by armyjunk2 on Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: Some things I saw over the weekend Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:40 pm
    ----
What is the tracked vehicle? I cant make it out from all the overgrowth...

Neil

#3: Re: Some things I saw over the weekend Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:46 pm
    ----
it's the remains of a halftrack and there is another halftrack in the pics(19 and 23). I had a hard time seeing things and I was there......neil i'm supposed to get the list Wednesday, we'll see......

#4: Re: Some things I saw over the weekend Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:04 pm
    ----
There's a tracked vehicle in the same picture as the lowboy trailer. I think it ia an Artillery tractor but not sure of the model

#5: Re: Some things I saw over the weekend Author: Scott_TaylorLocation: London, Ontario PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:11 pm
    ----
I noticed that as well. Is it an M6 High Speed Tractor? That would be quite a find. Even an M8 HST would be cool. Great pictures and a fascinating collection, wherever it is. It looks like it's partially stored in a greenhouse.

Cheers,

Scott

#6: Re: Some things I saw over the weekend Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:26 pm
    ----
M6 it is

#7: Re: Some things I saw over the weekend Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:54 pm
    ----

M114 Track or Otter Track

Don

#8: Re: Some things I saw over the weekend Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:24 pm
    ----
Whoever the owner is he wants his ass kicking into gear. If he cannot restore it then he should sell/give it to someone who could.

Cool

#9: Re: Some things I saw over the weekend Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:02 pm
    ----
Don I thought that was Weasel track. Are Weasel's and Otters the same??

#10: Re: Some things I saw over the weekend Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:24 pm
    ----
- armyjunk2
Don I thought that was Weasel track. Are Weasel's and Otters the same??

ooops, Weasel Track ....

Spent most of the day in Richardson MP. Slightly 'burnt-out'. Got a bunch of Photos, SN's & RN's .

I'll throw them in the mix, on a different Thread.

First,....Its "Miller Time"
Don

#11: Re: Some things I saw over the weekend Author: TimRoyallLocation: Holland PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:18 am
    ----
Hi, those sort of pictures are always fascinating! Number 24, I don't suppose it's one of those Normandy Cowl amphibious aids is it, or too modern?

Tim,

#12: Re: Some things I saw over the weekend Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:29 am
    ----
Hi Dontos! Hi Folks!

- Dontos

M114 Track or Otter Track
Don

All I can say is that it isn't like any M114 track I ever worked with.

Sgt, Scouts Out!

#13: Re: Some things I saw over the weekend Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:29 am
    ----
- TimRoyall
Hi, those sort of pictures are always fascinating! Number 24, I don't suppose it's one of those Normandy Cowl amphibious aids is it, or too modern?

Tim,

Tim,

the "Normandy cowl" was unique to Cromwells and variants thereof, it looks like the standard fording kit for the M4, M7 or M10- tough to say without dimensions, as it could also be for the M3/M5.

Cheers,

Jens O.

#14: Re: Some things I saw over the weekend Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:46 am
    ----
i believe it is a "Normandy cowl" thats why I took the picture, lots of things laying around and it is a shame thys are not beig restored....

#15: Re: Some things I saw over the weekend Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:48 am
    ----
- armyjunk2
i believe it is a "Normandy cowl" thats why I took the picture, lots of things laying around and it is a shame thys are not beig restored....

Noooooo, *tearing my hair out*

the "Normandy cowl" is just an exhaust deflector added to the Cromwell to direct exhaust gases away from the rear deck, see here, although a model, it's the best I came up with on short notice: Normandy cowl- it was never ever part of a fording kit, which consisted of upright stacks similar to the kit for the Churchills. Evil or Very Mad

The items shown are the stacks for the M4 fording kit, which never had a nickname, but were just referred to as "stacks" or "fording stacks". Mind your terminology, gentlemen, lest we start another urban legend... Twisted Evil

Cheers,

Jens O.

-> AFV News Discussion Board