Motorcycle trailer for you tankers...
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Motorcycle trailer for you tankers... Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:23 pm
    ----
I came across this trailer yesterday in front of the Clear Creek PX at Ft Hood. The owner walked up while I was snapping pictures and said people stop him all the time about his trailer. The bracket on the rear of the bike is bolted on, rather than welded so he can remove it all when he wants to be a little more sporty on his bike. The trailer is not water tight but it has stood up well to 3 years of Texas sun and road vibration. It's made of plywood and is very light weight. The top opens up and he stores his leather jacket and helmets inside. Pretty unique!

#2: Re: Motorcycle trailer for you tankers... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:47 pm
    ----
Pretty cool, Jeff. Gotta' be active duty (and probably NOT 11B Wink ). I also gather he's reinforced that tail strut somehow to tow, those things aren't normally that strong "down there".
In any case, I'd be leery of anything like that gun tube pointed at my backside in case the worst happened, if it's made out of anything stronger than paper maché....not even PVC would be acceptable.

#3: Re: Motorcycle trailer for you tankers... Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:35 pm
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey
Pretty cool, Jeff. Gotta' be active duty (and probably NOT 11B Wink ). I also gather he's reinforced that tail strut somehow to tow, those things aren't normally that strong "down there".
In any case, I'd be leery of anything like that gun tube pointed at my backside in case the worst happened, if it's made out of anything stronger than paper maché....not even PVC would be acceptable.

Sometimes your penchant for worst-case scenarios does give me the shudders... Shocked I wouldn't have thought of that in a gazillion years.

Cheers,

Jens O.

#4: Re: Motorcycle trailer for you tankers... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:40 pm
    ----
- Jens_O_Mehner
- Doug_Kibbey

Sometimes your penchant for worst-case scenarios does give me the shudders... Shocked I wouldn't have thought of that in a gazillion years.

Cheers,

Jens O.

When you ride, you think about stuff like that....kinda' haf' to. Rolling Eyes
(even more likely is the scenario of some bonehead rearending you at a traffic light and driving it into you...and this happens more often than I care to dwell on)

#5: Re: Motorcycle trailer for you tankers... Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:54 pm
    ----
Yeah well,

never quite got the hang of that, it's too likely that I'd kill myself- it's a wonder I didn't shoot myself an eye out... Cool

My worst fear is always that I wind up with a hood ornament, the way some of these riders lean into curves (and oncoming traffic) on country roads over here.

Now Mr Kibbey, care to tell us about that non-Army leather jacket? Have you been fraternizing with the other services again? Laughing

#6: Re: Motorcycle trailer for you tankers... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:16 pm
    ----
- Jens_O_Mehner

Now Mr Kibbey, care to tell us about that non-Army leather jacket? Have you been fraternizing with the other services again? Laughing

Had a friend who's dad had been a Navy flier in WWII. He bought it for him, but it was too small. I had a jacket he liked and we traded...some thirty-some years ago. This was perfect for riding. I put my highly unofficial "Dirty Delta" spade patch and the "long story":

www.vhpamuseum.org/17t...quad.shtml

(third row down) patch of the late Col. Archie Rider (of fabled memory...while you're there, read the next row down for his bio, which I wrote..he was quite a guy...and there's a LOT between the lines) on as my motorcycle jacket which it's been since, oh...1974 or so. Let's just say, many miles, and leave it at that. The spade patch has numerous combat missions on it from RVN, it used to be on a set of camo. I've since replaced it with this one: (but not to be worn)

( shown in "Winged Sabers" book by Lawerence H. Johnson III, page 83 )

...don't ask what I had to pay for it....it's original VN made, never worn. These are über-rare. Rolling Eyes

And that's the history of that jacket....

It ain't fer sale.... Wink

#7: Re: Motorcycle trailer for you tankers... Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:18 am
    ----
That's a sharp bike Doug! So I guess I'll share mine, a 100th Anniversary 1200 Custom Sportster. Complete with Screaming Eagle Stage I kit. Since this picture was taken this past November, I have added a number of small chrome pieces as well. I haven't been able to ride as much as I'd like with all the wet weather we're having here in central Texas.
Come on you Armormen, lets see pictures of your 2-wheeled steel horses!!!

#8: Re: Motorcycle trailer for you tankers... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:36 am
    ----
- SFC_Jeff_Button
That's a sharp bike Doug! So I guess I'll share mine, a 100th Anniversary 1200 Custom Sportster. Complete with Screaming Eagle Stage I kit. Since this picture was taken this past November, I have added a number of small chrome pieces as well. I haven't been able to ride as much as I'd like with all the wet weather we're having here in central Texas.
Come on you Armormen, lets see pictures of your 2-wheeled steel horses!!!

Nice to see you dress for the occasion of posing with such a picture-worthy bike there, Jeff! Wink

#9: Re: Motorcycle trailer for you tankers... Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:48 am
    ----
Doug,
Did you have that Dyna when you visited Ft Irwin? How's the Hurst Mustang GT running? Wife says you're looking good! Any chance of you getting Ft Hood way anytime soon?!?!?

#10: Re: Motorcycle trailer for you tankers... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:49 am
    ----
- SFC_Jeff_Button
Doug,
Did you have that Dyna when you visited Ft Irwin? How's the Hurst Mustang GT running? Wife says you're looking good! Any chance of you getting Ft Hood way anytime soon?!?!?

No, I either still had the hotrod XL or the V-Rod then, not sure which. Still have the Moostang, though (for now). Greetings to Household Six!

Would love to make to Hood...may have to make a trip to Missouri first, to renedvouz with an old acquaintaince. A developing story. Wink

Old Buddy Needs a Visit

Mr. Green

-> AFV News Discussion Board