M106 for SFC Jeff Button (and others of course)
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: M106 for SFC Jeff Button (and others of course) Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:08 am
    ----
I notice they changed the tracks to "Hush Puppies" between the dates the shots were taken, so maybe that's why it was at Amersfoort? Wouldn't imagine there are too many Centurion spares left at Havelte.

Ahhh, Centurions, they captured my imagination at a very early (and impressionable) time in my life, gotta love them...

#17: Re: M106 for SFC Jeff Button (and others of course) Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:43 am
    ----
I loved them as well. They were much cleaner than the Chieftain and the early engine decks were great for sleeping on during an exercise - warm most of the night and nice and flat.

Cool

#18: Re: M106 for SFC Jeff Button (and others of course) Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:32 pm
    ----
We used to have a Centurion mk.3 here at Oirschot also, but unfortunately it is gone, taken away by the army museum. It should be at the Wassenaar storage depot.

Spares is always a problem, we still have a completely working Leopard 1V at the battalion. Spares for the hull are no problem, since the technical platoon can order spare parts for Leopard 1 recovery tanks. But spare parts for the turret.....

This 1V is still on the official list, so we have 45 tanks on strenght, 44 Leopard 2A6s and one Leopard 1V. We still have some people who crewed the 1 and 1V.

For Centurions, we also have an old adjutant which was commander on the Centurion. He always has nice stories to the young tankcommanders how the shooting was going in those days, with ranging machineguns, searchlights etc.

#19: Re: M106 for SFC Jeff Button (and others of course) Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:02 am
    ----
Hi Lesley! Hi Folks!

Any chance you can get a picture of the hull along the driver's side of the vehicle?

Also the top of the hull to the TC's right side, forward of the mortar hatch and to the rear of the engine grills?

I just wondering about something that doesn't seam right to me.
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#20: Re: M106 for SFC Jeff Button (and others of course) Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:03 pm
    ----
Hello Roy,
That can take at least two weeks, this en next week I still have holidat, then a week Oirschot and then I have a steel beast ''exercise'' at Amersfoort. Then I will take more pics of this M106 /M 125.

Regards,
Lesley

#21: Re: M106 for SFC Jeff Button (and others of course) Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:11 pm
    ----
- L.Delsing
Hello Roy,
That can take at least two weeks, this en next week I still have holidat, then a week Oirschot and then I have a steel beast ''exercise'' at Amersfoort. Then I will take more pics of this M106 /M 125.

Regards,
Lesley

Lesley,

Any chance you can inside and work over that nice Fennek? ( I could only take shots through the windows).

Doug

#22: Re: M106 for SFC Jeff Button (and others of course) Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:40 pm
    ----
Do you want especially that verhicle??? Its for me easier to go to the recceplatoon. They have the first productionvehicles.

#23: Re: M106 for SFC Jeff Button (and others of course) Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:51 pm
    ----
- L.Delsing
Do you want especially that verhicle??? Its for me easier to go to the recceplatoon. They have the first productionvehicles.

The real deal vehicles would be better! I'm sure we'd all appreciate some nice views. Inside especially (I got wood just looking inside, so sexy!)

#24: Re: M106 for SFC Jeff Button (and others of course) Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:16 pm
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey
The real deal vehicles would be better! I'm sure we'd all appreciate some nice views. Inside especially (I got wood just looking inside, so sexy!)

Good thing you didn't get inside, you would've had sticky pants for a week... Smooth ride, and it drives every bit as good as it looks. Cool

Yes, I'd appreciate some inside photos as well, it was either drive it or take photographs for me- not much of a competition there. Mr. Green And while I was all over and inside almost everything else at Munster in May, time wasn't enough to do the Fennek- besides it's a prototype.

You know, especially the WWII tanks make you appreciate how small people were back then, I was able to stick my head and the right arm and shoulder through the Pz II's turret on display and that was it- a T72's hatch was spacious by comparison. Shocked

Jens O.

#25: Re: M106 for SFC Jeff Button (and others of course) Author: tanker2010Location: Kansas City, Mo. PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:01 am
    ----
- SFC_Jeff_Button
Yeeeeehaaaaaa!!!!!!! About time we see some "High-Angle H--l" armor on here. Only one small problem. Yes it was called an M106 by many, but that is actually an M125, the 81mm version. The vehicle could actually mount both mortar systems so M106 was what they were all called. But that one is displayed as an M125.

Sorry, but you are wrong. The M106 and M125 were two different vehicles. The one in the picture is a M106. The M125 turn table is different from that of the M106, so that it could mount the 81MM.

M125

M106

It's not like an 81MM could be swaped out for a 4.2". They were 2 different purpose built vehicles. The M106 had mounts on the side for the bridge and baseplate, that the M125 did not have. On the M125 the bi-pod and baseplate mounted on the roof of the vehicle. I was an 11C who served on both in mech units. The pics are from the JED site for purpose of this discussion.

-> AFV News Discussion Board