Ssssh! its about the CIA.
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Ssssh! its about the CIA. Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:11 pm
    ----
okay now I have your attention I need a good (and amusing) description of the Curmudgeons In Armour.

I'll tell you why later...

Cool

#2: Re: Ssssh! its about the CIA. Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:17 pm
    ----
"curmudgeon"
One entry found for curmudgeon.

Main Entry: cur·mud·geon
Pronunciation: (")k&r-'m&-j&n
Function: noun
Etymology: origin unknown
1 archaic : MISER
2 : a crusty, ill-tempered, and usually old man
- cur·mud·geon·li·ness /-lE-n&s/ noun
- cur·mud·geon·ly /-lE/ adjective

cur·mudg·eon (k?r-m?j'?n)
n.
An ill-tempered person full of resentment and stubborn notions.
...Just add "Armor"... Mr. Green

#3: Re: Ssssh! its about the CIA. Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:24 pm
    ----
Hmmm

An ill-tempered person full of resentment and stubborn notions about armor.

A bit short...anyone want to expand a little?

Cool

#4: Re: Ssssh! its about the CIA. Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:28 pm
    ----
We resent that we don't get to play with those things much any more! Evil or Very Mad

#5: Re: Ssssh! its about the CIA. Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:43 am
    ----
We also resent that we don't have a full-sized one at home to play as we please, get sidetracked by the obscurest of details, climb all over armor given any chance we get, know a lot of facts the rest of the world has absolutely no use for, are usually strong-headed, nitpicky, with a strong sense of humour and are sometimes hard to please... And yet we share a common- and international- bond. Wink

Oh, and we can cuss and swear with the best of them, many of us in more than one language. Mr. Green

#6: Re: Ssssh! its about the CIA. Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:40 am
    ----
CIA's are ill-tempered persons full of stubborn notions about armor and resentful that we don't have a full-sized one at home to play as we please. We get sidetracked by the obscurest of details and climb all over armor given any chance we get. We know a lot of facts the rest of the world has absolutely no use for, are usually strong-headed, nitpicky, with a strong sense of humour and are sometimes hard to please. And yet we share a common and international bond - we can cuss and swear with the best of them, many of us in more than one language.

How does that look?

Cool

#7: Re: Ssssh! its about the CIA. Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:02 am
    ----
Hi Jim! Hi Folks!

- JimWeb
CIA's are ill-tempered persons full of stubborn notions about armor and resentful that we don't have a full-sized one at home to play as we please. We get sidetracked by the obscurest of details and climb all over armor given any chance we get. We know a lot of facts the rest of the world has absolutely no use for, are usually strong-headed, nitpicky, with a strong sense of humour and are sometimes hard to please. And yet we share a common and international bond - we can cuss and swear with the best of them, many of us in more than one language.

How does that look?

Cool

All I can say is:
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#8: Re: Ssssh! its about the CIA. Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:34 am
    ----
Can we get a cantankerous in there? Cool

#9: Re: Ssssh! its about the CIA. Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:47 am
    ----
Hi Folks!

- Jens_O_Mehner

I vote for replacing "ill-tempered persons" with Jens' "cantankerous"!

My extra 2 cents,
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#10: Re: Ssssh! its about the CIA. Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:07 am
    ----
- Roy_A_Lingle
Hi Folks!

- Jens_O_Mehner

I vote for replacing "ill-tempered persons" with Jens' "cantankerous"!

My extra 2 cents,
Sgt, Scouts Out!

I second.

#11: Re: Ssssh! its about the CIA. Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:21 am
    ----
Gee,

thanks for your vote of approval, I'm blushing... While we're at it, could we replace this terribly PC "persons" with characters? Somehow seems more fitting. Laughing

#12: Re: Ssssh! its about the CIA. Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:35 am
    ----
- Jens_O_Mehner
Gee,

thanks for your vote of approval, I'm blushing... While we're at it, could we replace this terribly PC "persons" with characters? Somehow seems more fitting. Laughing

Seems a good idea... now all I need is an image of a grumpy old fart on top of something armoured.. Roy? Laughing

Jens is probably the only person on here who can figure out what I'm up to...

Cool

#13: Re: Ssssh! its about the CIA. Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:05 am
    ----
I know nuthink... Cool

You know, this whole thing got me thinking (always dangerous, ask any number of my various contemporaries at any given moment in time)- we need a badge!

I already have an idea, but I suck at the realisation- here's my concept, first have a look at the original:

I thought we'll have an OD background, "Curmudgeons in Armor" instead of "Central Intelligence Agency" (oxymoron city) the eagle gets replaced by a profile view of a silver/grey Mk I rhomboid tank facing left (sorta like the old collar badge), a head-on view of a T-55, and a profile view of a Leopard 1 or 2 facing right, on the white shield we replace the star with the armor triangle.

On the bottom scroll, I'd put a white star for the US, either a red star or the tricolor for the Rodina, an iron cross for Germany, the respective roundels for the UK, France and Finland, the Star of David for Israel- you get the idea, we'll have to use a lot of wingy thingy stuff, but many of these have been used for aerial recognition on armored vehicles. Lest we run out of space, I'd say we shoot for nations with an armor tradition and/or a major impact on armor design.

Whaddaya think? We could but it on name badges, patches, decals, T-shirts, hats... The list is endless. Instant recognition, fame, fortune, world domination, all ours if someone could put it into a graphic form. Laughing

Jens O.

#14: Re: Ssssh! its about the CIA. Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:11 am
    ----
- JimWeb
Seems a good idea... now all I need is an image of a grumpy old fart on top of something armoured.. Roy? Laughing

Make that an old fart surrounded by hot young chicks in tank tops atop an armored vehicle- we've an image to preserve, you know? Laughing

#15: Re: Ssssh! its about the CIA. Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:19 am
    ----
- JimWeb
- Jens_O_Mehner
Gee,

Jens is probably the only person on here who can figure out what I'm up to...

Cool

How about a Tanker who is 'ordered' to apply face paint since the Infantry Bn had all their guys in paint.

(This was one of the Inf Bns that had just moved to Ft Hood from 5th ID at Ft Polk.)

It may seem trivial, but I wasn't buying the justification.

BS games always had me wondering WTF!!!

Don

-> AFV News Discussion Board