Getchyer motor runnin'......
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> Officer's Club

#16: Re: Getchyer motor runnin'...... Author: Guest PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:56 am
    ----
MMMMMMMMM, Pretty Kitty.

Well Doug I think you just helped me decide how to spend that new Home Equity Line of Credit I was approved for last week Cool Complete restoration!!!!!!

Not sure what the color is called but always noticed during the day it looked gold but at sunset, sunrise, or at night especially under parking lot lights it gives off a cool green tint.

Stoopy, an old friend had a 66 FastBack, Candle Apple Red with the black interior, beautiful car. Some guy made out when he sold it as a package deal along with his 66 & 69 Rancheros. Believe it was temporary insanity after a divorce.

#17: Re: Getchyer motor runnin'...... Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:58 am
    ----
last post was mine. Forgot to sign in.

Thanks for the new desktop Ascout!!!!

Last edited by JG300-fr8ycat on Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

#18: Re: Getchyer motor runnin'...... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:25 pm
    ----
Ultimate Cougar: One time Henry Ford II's GTE with 8V 428.

You NEED to see the GTE website, Richard!

www.theclassiccougarne...story.html

Oh...and D. Gurney had a falling out with Merc and never accepted his "gift" car, which is now in private hands.

Of the GTE cars, numbers vary, but something like only 264 were ever produced with the 427/428 CJ engines. Most die-hard performance freaks (and who else would own an FE series mill..? Oooops!...that'd be me!) selected Mustangs for the lighter weight.

I tend to think of the early Cougar as a sort of high performance Thunderbird....some luxo, stunning looks, but with more performance potential.

The first version of my FE (in a stock blue and white 1958 Fairlane...think Edsel without the grill) before the 8V medium-riser setup. Something like 600 HP on barely legal street slicks. I took a lot of money from rich boys in 427 Vette's! Twisted Evil

#19: Re: Getchyer motor runnin'...... Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:13 pm
    ----
Absolutely awesome site Doug, thanks for the heads up.

Plenty 'O links to keep me busy and get some restoration info. One of the links had a 7-G for sale, only $17K Rolling Eyes

Ya know the old man I bought mine off of was the second owner. Gave me all the paper work he got from the original owner which includes the window sticker, original plastic stamped owners ID/Warranty card, manuals (owners, warranty & "helpful hints for a safer ride") & all the registration cards since it's purchase. Unfortunately the original California Black license plates were stolen which is why it now has the Blue plates.

Since buying my home about 6 years ago the poor things lucky if it's been out of the garage and seen the road a dozen times. Have even thought about selling it a couple times but all I have to do is go down and sit in it and that thought leaves quick.

-> Officer's Club