Sheridan in the Bag...(Howard Thompson?)
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Sheridan in the Bag...(Howard Thompson?) Author: 68BarracudaLocation: Ridgecrest Ca. (China Lake NAWC) PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:43 am
    ----
Well....an R/C 1/8 scale model...

And some in theater photos....

Item 230160509428

I'm certainly no M551 expert but day-um! fine looking model!

cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotor...0160509428

(Edit by Mod.)

#2: Re: Sheridan on the Bag... Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:20 am
    ----
Hi Rob! Hi Folks!

Maybe it's just me, but I can not find a link to anything. Confused

Sgt, Scouts Out!

#3: Re: Sheridan on the Bag... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:39 am
    ----
DA-YUM! It appears to be Howard Thompson's award-winning hand-built "Arizona" M551 Sheridan on eBay! Shocked
cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotor...0160509428

#4: Re: Sheridan on the Bag... Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:48 am
    ----
Hi Doug! Hi Folks!

- Doug_Kibbey
DA-YUM! It appears to be Howard Thompson's award-winning hand-built "Arizona" M551 Sheridan on eBay! Shocked

I wish I had the money. Crying or Very sad Sure hope it doesn't end up as someone's back yard toy. Sad

Sad, very sad.
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#5: Re: Sheridan in the Bag...(Howard Thompson?) Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:46 am
    ----
Wish I had the money...... I wonder if the 11th ACR museum could afford it?

#6: Re: Sheridan in the Bag...(Howard Thompson?) Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:54 am
    ----
Hi Mark! Hi Folks!

- MarkHolloway

I wonder if the 11th ACR museum could afford it?

If I remember right, that museum is VERY poorly funded. I would be surpised if they could.
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#7: Re: Sheridan in the Bag...(Howard Thompson?) Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:21 am
    ----
- MarkHolloway
Wish I had the money...... I wonder if the 11th ACR museum could afford it?

Not a chance, they were hurting for basic items like copier paper when I was there last. IIRC, Jeff Button gifted them some and you'd have thought it was an endowment from a millionaire.

If this item was a fixed price, we could consider a joint buy and charitable contribution, but I expect it might go for quite a bit.

#8: Re: Sheridan in the Bag...(Howard Thompson?) Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:05 pm
    ----
Hi Doug! Hi Folks!

- Doug_Kibbey

If this item was a fixed price, we could consider a joint buy and charitable contribution, but I expect it might go for quite a bit.

I noticed something near the top of the e-bay page that says "Reserve not met". I wasn't able to see what that was from work, but I just checked it out from my home PC.

"Reserve not met" means the seller has a price they are looking for and if the bidding doesn't met or excede that price, they don't have to sell the item after bidding ends.

%^)(&&*$#&)(()*&()&%#! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#9: Re: Sheridan in the Bag...(Howard Thompson?) Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:14 pm
    ----
I have sent an email to Howard asking if he was the seller and a few other questions of interest such have surfaced in this thread.

#10: Re: Sheridan in the Bag...(Howard Thompson?) Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:47 am
    ----
I have had a reply which also generated some additional questions, more to follow. I may be contacting some of you (Roy, Don, Bob) privately depending on the nature of that reply.

#11: Re: Sheridan in the Bag...(Howard Thompson?) Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:39 am
    ----
68Barracuda!!!! It's been a while since you've been on here, where you been?
The 11th ACR museum couldn't afford paper for it's copy machine! That's not a joke, I took them half boxes of paper when I could get my hands on it because they were so under funded by the post and non-supported by the 11th ACR. Yet when the 11th wanted something from the museum, it had to happen yesterday, quite a sad situation. If you ever get to the 11th ACR museum, look for my OPFOR uniform on display there. It is one of the last truely "OPFOR" uniforms, complete with OPFOR rank, badges, awards, citations, etc... Ask the director, Neil Morrison wher it's on display and I'm sure he'll show you.

#12: Re: Sheridan in the Bag...(Howard Thompson?) Author: 68BarracudaLocation: Ridgecrest Ca. (China Lake NAWC) PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:39 am
    ----
Oh...been lurkin. I check in once in a while (not often enough). Two jobs keep me busy (my wife and I do babysitting during the day...then I go to work at night).

If I ever get over to Irwin I 'll look the museum up...and stop by Staples on the way. Smile

Not much happening out here that I find out about anymore...all my contacts either retired or are "out of the loop" themselves now.

#13: Re: Sheridan in the Bag...(Howard Thompson?) Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:08 am
    ----
- SFC_Jeff_Button
68Barracuda!!!! It's been a while since you've been on here, where you been?
The 11th ACR museum couldn't afford paper for it's copy machine! That's not a joke, I took them half boxes of paper when I could get my hands on it because they were so under funded by the post and non-supported by the 11th ACR. Yet when the 11th wanted something from the museum, it had to happen yesterday, quite a sad situation. If you ever get to the 11th ACR museum, look for my OPFOR uniform on display there. It is one of the last truely "OPFOR" uniforms, complete with OPFOR rank, badges, awards, citations, etc... Ask the director, Neil Morrison wher it's on display and I'm sure he'll show you.

Jeff
Not to worry... He's always 'out there', watching.....A true lurker.

Rob
Got any 'space waster' Pig parts, you need to 'off-load'. I figure your wife should be happy with this offer ( heh heh heh )

Regards
Don

#14: Re: Sheridan in the Bag...(Howard Thompson?) Author: TanklordLocation: Louisiana PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:03 pm
    ----
Come on Powerball! I win that bad boy, then this Sheridan is gonna be in my garage soon. Then it will be donated to the 11th ACR museum. SOunds like a plan don't it? Well here goes my $1!

#15: Re: Sheridan in the Bag...(Howard Thompson?) Author: 68BarracudaLocation: Ridgecrest Ca. (China Lake NAWC) PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:17 pm
    ----
Pig parts? who....me? Mr. Green BTW, I have no idea who's now responsible for certain tracked porkers that belong to Knox still sitting here....L is out of the loop now I think...or not. Been kinda hard to get ahold of the guy lately. I been so busy it ain't funny anymore Sad

-> AFV News Discussion Board