How to regenerate a new FSX.cfg
-> FSX

#1: How to regenerate a new FSX.cfg Author: berlopezLocation: Copenhagen.DK PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:28 am
    ----
Can anyone guide me as to how to regenerate/ create a new .cfg for FSX, Can't find it. done all sorts of searches, even contacted MS support, they can't help.

If I remember correctly in the Fs9 days one use to hold 1 or 2 keys while the game was loading in order to do this, can't remember which keys.

Eventough I can't find it the game works
I am running Vista

#2: Re: How to regenerate a new FSX.cfg Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:17 pm
    ----
Actually I believe you delete (or better yet,, rename) the existing FSX.CFG and a new one will be built when FSX starts up the next time.

#3: Re: How to regenerate a new FSX.cfg Author: berlopezLocation: Copenhagen.DK PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:45 pm
    ----
Stuppy: Yes, I know... I have nnow restarted FSX 4X since last night in order to find it.

In Vista your are supposed to find it:

C:\User\y comp.name\ Application Data (Is not there)\ Microsoft\FSX\FSX.cfg (isn't there either)

Really hope I don't have to do a reinstall.

Stragely the sim works perfectly.

#4: Re: How to regenerate a new FSX.cfg Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:17 pm
    ----
Silly question but you do have 'show hidden files' turned on ???

I ask because you can't see application data, you need this for other software to function.

#5: Re: How to regenerate a new FSX.cfg Author: berlopezLocation: Copenhagen.DK PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:28 am
    ----
That was the problem my hidden files was not turned on, It took me a while to figure it out. With the help of all you guys I found it now; Thanks

-> FSX