Ft. Snelling Military Museum - Pics #6
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Ft. Snelling Military Museum - Pics #6 Author: A-109ELocation: Minneapolis PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:52 pm
    ----
Some of the tractor/trailer units used to trasport the museum's operating AFVs to parades and other functions.

Some of the active vehicles in the Army Reserve compound located just over the fence from the museum's compound.

More of the Army Reserve vehicles. The FSMM's restoration shops may be seen beyond: the red brick building on the left. The M41 is there, and you'll see more of this facility in the next installment.

More Army Reserve vehicles....

Back to the museum's compound...

What in the world is this? Confused

Don't know?

Still don't know?

It's a genuine regulation issue U.S. Army sawmill. Shocked The last one, I was told.

Close-ups of the museum's transport section.

Outside the display compound lies the museum's, um, "spares" depository...

....including some vehicles used for spares or awaiting restoration.

One operational vehicle that was a surprise for me is the museum's Pacific M26A1 unarmored tractor.

#2: Re: Ft. Snelling Military Museum - Pics #6 Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:15 pm
    ----
Thanks for the pictures! I was surprised to see that the wheels on the M26 were chain drive! Learned something new!

#3: Re: Ft. Snelling Military Museum - Pics #6 Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:23 pm
    ----
Gamma Goats! Rolling Eyes And M151A2's AND A1's.

#4: Re: Ft. Snelling Military Museum - Pics #6 Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:18 pm
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey

Oh My!

#5: Re: Ft. Snelling Military Museum - Pics #6 Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:13 pm
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey

So what happened to the Alpha, Beta and Delta Goats? Senhor Kibbey, I expected better of you... Spreading misinformation, eh? Mr. Green

#6: Re: Ft. Snelling Military Museum - Pics #6 Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:17 pm
    ----
Thanks Bob,

another fine series of usually underphotographed vehicles and an interesting study in weathering and fading.

I wonder how many of these vehicles are donors, there are a few where a complete rebuild seems more viable an option than a restoration.

#7: Re: Ft. Snelling Military Museum - Pics #6 Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:18 pm
    ----
- Jens_O_Mehner
- Doug_Kibbey

So what happened to the Alpha, Beta and Delta Goats? Senhor Kibbey, I expected better of you... Spreading misinformation, eh? Mr. Green

I can honestly say that I had nothing whatsoever to do with that project so how much better can be asked of me in those circumstances, Herr Mehner? Laughing

-> AFV News Discussion Board