ROBAT XM1060
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: ROBAT XM1060 Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:00 pm
    ----
Need some images urgently of the XM1060 ROBAT mine clearing version of the M60.

Anybody?

Cool

#2: Re: ROBAT XM1060 Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:09 pm
    ----
have a look .........................

this is what google came up with

www.defence.org.cn/asp...62296.html

www.modellismopiu.net/...emId=54605

fled
Cool

#3: Re: ROBAT XM1060 Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:44 pm
    ----
Sorry Jim,
Can't help you. Only 2 were made that I know of and their current where abouts are unknown, though there is a rumor the engineer school house has one (or both) at Fort Leonard Wood. I believe they are no more with the advent of the M1 Panther system, being no longer needed. Those Panther's are also quite rare.

Joe D

#4: Re: ROBAT XM1060 Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:54 pm
    ----
Wait a minute...is there a thead here, recent, where one of these was thought to have appeared in the background of some other shots of other stuff? I don't recall the thread or the location, but I do remember this coming up recently. Thought it was here. It wasn't he subject of the photo, but came up in the background...was the first I had ever heard of this vehicle.

YES!...here, this thread...TACOM, Warren Michigan:

www.com-central.net/in...mp;p=47570

(vehicle on far left, see the thread above for details)

#5: Re: ROBAT XM1060 Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:41 pm
    ----
- JimWeb
Need some images urgently of the XM1060 ROBAT mine clearing version of the M60.

Anybody?

Cool

As I recall, we had a remote piloted M60 mine clearing vehicle in Bosnia in 1999. At the time there were rumors of the M1 version being sent to Bosnia, but never heard anything on that.

Heres Canadian AARDVARK at work....

MineBreaker:
The Mechanical de-mining is executed by the FFG-Minebreaker 2000/2 system. The vehicle, which is based on a Leopard 1 chassis, (but which can be fitted to most tanks). It is protected by additional armoured steel plates and liners and is designed to withstand the detonation of all common mines without serious damage. Mounted at the front of the vehicle is a hydraulically powered tilling drum, that can set off or chew into harmless pieces anti-personnel and anti-tanks mines, with virtually no risk to the personnel. "The tilling drum is fitted with heavy-duty tungsten carbide teeth. If a mine blows up these teeth are the only piece damaged, but are cheap and can be exchanged within minutes," said Jorg Kamper, the engineer responsible for the machines design.

SFOR / NATO Websites have decent archives....

HTH
Don

#6: Re: ROBAT XM1060 Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:48 pm
    ----
A little more to the point...

PANTHER:

PANTHER II:

More info here: OMNITECH ROBOTICS

-> AFV News Discussion Board