Sound Woes
-> Hardware

#1: Sound Woes Author: JG300_HuntLocation: WA State PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:58 am
    ----
Any idear's on why I have no problem with system volume on any of my software and numerous websites - but when I go to YouTube it's as silent as a dead tree rat? ( Mr. Green ) I made sure the volume mute button was unmarked and fiddled with it a bit, but to no avail..

#2: Re: Sound Woes Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:42 am
    ----
Sounds (I love puns...lol) like a Codec issue. Have you updated all your media player software?

#3: Re: Sound Woes Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:20 am
    ----
Can you get sound of any other websites?
Thinking in particular of the same type; where a movie would open and play within your browser?
Are you using Explorer or that damned Fire(PATOOEY!)Fox?

#4: Re: Sound Woes Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:20 pm
    ----
Probably IE...lol

#5: Re: Sound Woes Author: JG300_HuntLocation: WA State PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:34 pm
    ----
Actually, am using IE unfortunately for the time being. Haven't gotten around to installing Firefox on this rig. Other movie sites work just fine, just YouTube having an issue with.

#6: Re: Sound Woes Author: 401RCAF_HitManLocation: Ontario, CANADA (next to the beer store) PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:14 am
    ----
Hey Hunt, it may be that you need the latest java runtime.. get it here
jave runtime

#7: Re: Sound Woes Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:45 am
    ----
Hey Hunt, seems that you're not alone, can you give this a look-see and see if it helps maybe?

forums.techguy.org/web...utube.html

#8: Re: Sound Woes Author: JG300_HuntLocation: WA State PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:15 am
    ----
Downloaded the K-Lite Codec Pack and the latest Java to no avail. Kept on reading, and reading and reading. Finally got to a post (100's of suggestions offered up) and found my Audio Devices menu under Audio, The Sound Playback was set to Modem #0 vs. my Sigmatel Audio. No freakin' idears how that got changed, but changed it to Sigmatel Audio and voila! Magic in the making!

Can't thank you enough there boss hawg for the link - I am sure I will never have audio issues again after following the long list of advice! I will be all caught up for generations to come on Codecs!!

#9: Re: Sound Woes Author: JG300_HuntLocation: WA State PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:15 am
    ----
Now to get caught back up on all of ol' Ascout's video posts I have been missing out on! Mr. Green

-> Hardware