M47 : Shepardsville Ky
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: M47 : Shepardsville Ky Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:32 pm
    ----
Here are a few photos of the M47 in Shepardsville , KY.

I have more photos or can get any specific angle photos with another visit.

Don

#2: Re: M47 : Shepardsville Ky Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:55 am
    ----
Don

Were ther any rebuild plates on it indicating it was one of the Italian rebuilds? It has the 'rain gutters' which I generally associate with the Italian rebuild M-47s

#3: Re: M47 : Shepardsville Ky Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:09 am
    ----
Hi Bob (F15)! Hi Folks!

- bsmart
Don

Were ther any rebuild plates on it indicating it was one of the Italian rebuilds? It has the 'rain gutters' which I generally associate with the Italian rebuild M-47s

I was thinking the same thing about the rain gutters but I noticed there was no plate on the rear hull. Maybe the US also added rain gutters after the Italians did.

Interesting.
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#4: Re: M47 : Shepardsville Ky Author: worthhaggerton PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:18 am
    ----
Hello from Texas,
M47 rain gutters were added to US tanks also. You will see them on NG tanks during the 1960's routs here in the US.

Rain Gutters also show up on French and German M47.

Worth Haggerton

-> AFV News Discussion Board