large post, dialup users beware some photos I have around
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: large post, dialup users beware some photos I have around Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:48 pm
    ----
here are some copies of photographs I have, the quality isn't great but I think interesting photos. These came from the National Archives and Record Center

18 Marines in the Pacific

#2: Re: large post, dialup users beware some photos I have aroun Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:59 pm
    ----
That's some strange stuff! Mr. Green

#3: Re: large post, dialup users beware some photos I have aroun Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:28 pm
    ----
The astute will recognize that first pic as being the famous captured Jagdtiger that is in the Aberdeen collection behind the museum. Wink

(Note the familiar impact on the gun mount at the 7 o'clock position)

#4: Re: large post, dialup users beware some photos I have around Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:58 pm
    ----
# 9 & # 13 may also reside at Aberdeen now

Jeff Lewis

#5: Re: large post, dialup users beware some photos I have aroun Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:17 pm
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey
The astute will recognize that first pic as being the famous captured Jagdtiger that is in the Aberdeen collection behind the museum. Wink

(Note the familiar impact on the gun mount at the 7 o'clock position)

Yep, this is the picture that is in the Army 'Green Book' series also. I knew it as soon as I saw it. I also agree with Piney that pictures 9 & 13 are probably the vehicles at Aberdeen also

#6: Re: large post, dialup users beware some photos I have around Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:31 pm
    ----
Thanks junk,

the Kegresse and the freshly-French owned RSO were actually new to me.

#7: Re: large post, dialup users beware some photos I have around Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:22 am
    ----
Here is a little more info, new to me at least, #7 & #33 are German mobile two man pillboxes. Details and drawings can be found here

www.lonesentry.com/art...llbox.html

Jeff Lewis

-> AFV News Discussion Board