Armored Hummers
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Armored Hummers Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:35 am
    ----
Hello Fellow CIA Agents and other Folks!

Ran acrossed this interesting (to me, anyway) photo over at the Army dot Mil site. The first thing I noticed was the tow bars. Then I noticed the bumper on the left vehicle. I wonder how many different types of bumpers have be put together for use on Hummers sense this conflict started.

Following is the link to the smaller picture with the caption:
www.army.mil/-images/2...9/26/8321/

Anyone know the story of Staff Sgt. Chad Maimberg?
Sgt, Scouts Out!

Last edited by Roy_A_Lingle on Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: Armored Hummers Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:13 am
    ----
Looks like the one on the left has a slot for a winch cable. Never seen one like that though. Maybe it comes with the uparmor kit.

#3: Re: Armored Hummers Author: Maple_Leaf_Eh PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:50 pm
    ----
www.army.mil/-news/200...lver-star/

" ... The St. Paul resident was credited for his quick, concise and heroic actions when his 25-vehicle convoy was ambushed outside Baghdad on Jan. 27, 2007. Outnumbered and trapped for nearly an hour in an ambush by 30-40 insurgents wielding rocket-propelled grenades and machine-guns, Staff Sgt. Malmberg repeatedly put himself in the direct line of fire to coordinate ground and air support to ensure the safety of his Soldiers. ..."

-> AFV News Discussion Board