Freiherr_Kiefer reports for rotary wing flight training!
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#16: Re: Freiherr_Kiefer reports for rotary wing flight training! Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:37 pm
    ----
- Freiherr_Kiefer
some of the less "seasoned" helo pilots might enjoy seeing this picture of the first Hughes helicopter

definitely not a light weight Rolling Eyes , and probably unlikely to ever fly in a flight sim

Der Baron

Not that I haven't thought about it but there's a lot of small parts that would make it a beast to make. I thought there was someone over at HC that was planning on making one a couple years back but never heard anything else about it.

#17: Re: Freiherr_Kiefer reports for rotary wing flight training! Author: Freiherr_KieferLocation: Washington sectional PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:49 pm
    ----
just a quick question. At all my local airports, helos on skids take off from, and land on, small yellow flatbed carts to facilitate ground movement. Is this a local thing or is it in general use? If so, does anyone make one for FS 9 ?

Der Baron

#18: Re: Freiherr_Kiefer reports for rotary wing flight training! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:48 pm
    ----
- Freiherr_Kiefer
just a quick question. At all my local airports, helos on skids take off from, and land on, small yellow flatbed carts to facilitate ground movement. Is this a local thing or is it in general use? If so, does anyone make one for FS 9 ?

Der Baron

Your eggbeater training must be progreesing nicely if you think you're up to landing on one o' them carts. I don't have any myself, but I believe there are some available over at Hovercontrol. Spool through the scenery pages.
(I'm guessing that's where it'd be) Fr8ycat, do you have a shortcut?
64.34.169.161/cgi-bin/...-Downloads

#19: Re: Freiherr_Kiefer reports for rotary wing flight training! Author: Freiherr_KieferLocation: Washington sectional PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:27 pm
    ----
No I'm no where near that good, I'm very ham-handed Rolling Eyes but I just wondered if they were available since they all over the place at my local small airports but I hadn't seen any in the Sims.

Der baron

#20: Re: Freiherr_Kiefer reports for rotary wing flight training! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:42 pm
    ----
Looks like there's a heli trailer included in the Hanel field scenery:

64.34.169.161/cgi-bin/...=81&tt=zip

This page:
64.34.169.161/cgi-bin/...ery&img=81

And ACCIDENT1 on this page
64.34.169.161/cgi-bin/...ery&img=90

AHA! Here you go:

64.34.169.161/cgi-bin/...180&tt=zip

KMSOlanding trailer on this page
64.34.169.161/cgi-bin/...ry&img=180

And a really tiny one on the top left of this page. We want screeies of you landing the MiL on this Mr. Green (Don't overlook the masterpiece just to the right of it Wink )

64.34.169.161/cgi-bin/...ry&img=189

#21: Re: Freiherr_Kiefer reports for rotary wing flight training! Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:48 pm
    ----
The landing carts are widely used, usually for the larger helos (md500's, jetrangers,etc.)

LT.Finney put out this one awhile back. I've used it in the past and it's pretty nice but it's at KMSO and think you need the KMSO scenery also. According to the description you can place it anywhere with bgl.comp but I don't have much experience with that program. Maybe you have more experience with that process Ascout.

64.34.169.161/cgi-bin/...180&tt=zip

#22: Re: Freiherr_Kiefer reports for rotary wing flight training! Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:55 pm
    ----
Oops, oh well...what he said. Laughing

Looks like ya snuck in will I was typing.

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum