MBT70 Walkaround
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: MBT70 Walkaround Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:26 pm
    ----
101 Pictures including some interior shots!

svsm.org/gallery/MBT70..._70_Turret

#2: Re: MBT70 Walkaround Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:05 pm
    ----
Hi Mark! Hi Folks!

Great link! That's a great set of pictures. Looks like the seals are gone on the recoil system and the barrel has slid back and out of battery. I like the close up and detail shots of the 20mm auto cannon turret. To bad he couldn't open the hatchs and get some shots of the receiver and ammo feed system. I would think that anyone trying to build a model of a MTB70 would find a number of those shots very helpful. The last three or four pictures are of that M60A2 test vehicle setting in front of the MTB70.

Sgt, Scouts Out!

#3: Re: MBT70 Walkaround Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:29 pm
    ----
- Roy_A_Lingle
Hi Mark! Hi Folks!

Great link! That's a great set of pictures. Looks like the seals are gone on the recoil system and the barrel has slid back and out of battery. I like the close up and detail shots of the 20mm auto cannon turret. To bad he couldn't open the hatchs and get some shots of the receiver and ammo feed system. I would think that anyone trying to build a model of a MTB70 would find a number of those shots very helpful. The last three or four pictures are of that M60A2 test vehicle setting in front of the MTB70.

Sgt, Scouts Out!

Not, strictly speaking, an M60A2 (as I'm sure you know) but a test variant with that funny hydropneumatic suspension thingy (here shown "deflated") that someone else can better put a name to.

#4: Re: MBT70 Walkaround Author: Buq-Buq PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:45 pm
    ----
Isn't it one of the T95 prototypes? T95E2 or somesuch? I don't have a Hunnicutt handy . . . someone help me out. Check in Abrams.

Correction: It's on the hull of one of the T95 prototypes. I don't think the 152mm Gun/Launcher was in development when the T95 was being tested.

Mark

edited for memory

#5: Re: MBT70 Walkaround Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:23 pm
    ----
Hi Doug! Hi Folks!

- Doug_Kibbey

- Roy_A_Lingle

The last three or four pictures are of that M60A2 test vehicle setting in front of the MTB70.
Sgt, Scouts Out!

Not, strictly speaking, an M60A2 (as I'm sure you know) but a test variant with that funny hydropneumatic suspension thingy (here shown "deflated") that someone else can better put a name to.

Correct Sir! I couldn't think of the correct "T" number and was just to lazy to stop and look it up. I think Bug-Bug has it. It one of T-95 (?) pilot vehicles with the Starship turret.

Sgt, Scouts Out!

#6: Re: MBT70 Walkaround Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:29 pm
    ----
This?

Larger Version: www.com-central.net/mo...otype2.jpg

#7: Re: MBT70 Walkaround Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:57 pm
    ----
Stand back ya'll.....I got this one. Mr. Green

T95 REAR VIEW

T 95 underside front slope

T 95 Front Slope

So....hows that? Cool
Regards
Don

-> AFV News Discussion Board