Bombing in FS2004!
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> FS2004

#1: Bombing in FS2004! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:39 pm
    ----
Well, I felt kinda' bad about doing this after that nice Mr. Watkins was so kind as to put the Mispillion there off Orcas Island for us, but with oil hitting record prices per barrel this week, I felt the urge to take it out on somebody and who better than a representative of Big Oil? That Union 76 ball down there presented an irresistable target and then there was the irony of using a long range fuel tank to make my statement with. (and it's a short flight back to KORS Laughing ) This ought to make for a nice glow on the horizon from the "Pig Sty" tonight. Wink

Sorry, Earl...I was going to make a run on one of the Liberty Ships instead, but our beer is precious and your ship is much more photogenic in the screenshots anyway (and there's that "oil factor").

(Of course, the tank disappears ineffectually on the deck so the ship lives to sail on...but you can test your bomb run skills and accuracy, just fly in Virtual Cockpit mode and hit the "drop tank" control as if it were a bomb, and taka' da' screenshots....)

#2: Re: Bombing in FS2004! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:41 pm
    ----
...and the Mispillion is toast!

#3: Re: Bombing in FS2004! Author: SkiperooLocation: Orange County, California PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:03 pm
    ----
Oh my goodness! What can I say.... Right on target. Yes, Mispillion is "toast". I'll take mine with lots of strawberry jam on the toast, thank you.

I agree, given the option of diluting all that bear aboard the Liberty ship with salt water, I too would choose the oiler. More "BANG" for the buck.

Skiperoo

#4: Re: Bombing in FS2004! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:31 pm
    ----
I hope your duty station on the Mispillion was further forward, Earl. Wink

#5: Re: Bombing in FS2004! Author: SkiperooLocation: Orange County, California PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:58 pm
    ----
It was mid-ships up on the signal bridge. A good safe place from which to watch the fireworks!

Skiperoo Shocked

#6: Re: Bombing in FS2004! Author: RAF92_MoserLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:18 pm
    ----
That'll put an extra sur-"charge" in their prices. Twisted Evil

#7: Re: Bombing in FS2004! Author: SkiperooLocation: Orange County, California PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:33 pm
    ----
HAHA, got that right! The gas station attendant is hiding up on the signal bridge.

Skiperoo Cool

#8: Re: Bombing in FS2004! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:19 am
    ----
I would have preferred to hit a Citgo station to register a point with President-for-Life Chavez and thereby maybe kill two birds with one stone, but that wasn't an option. Twisted Evil

#9: Re: Bombing in FS2004! Author: Bulldog_02Location: Western N.Y. PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:03 am
    ----
there is a way to actually see and hear missles,bullets and bomb drops...IBNet....not only stable..(no frame loss.)..but the ability it see other players animations from the smoke system..here are some pics....

and air refueling is possible using arrrcab program

whoever said it can't be done hasn't seen nuttin yet.... Cool

#10: Re: Bombing in FS2004! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:52 am
    ----
- Bulldog_02
there is a way to actually see and hear missles,bullets and bomb drops...IBNet....not only stable..(no frame loss.)..but the ability it see other players animations from the smoke system..here are some pics....whoever said it can't be done hasn't seen nuttin yet.... Cool

Bulldog, do you know how and would you be willing to share it with Earl Watkins (who's U.S.S. Mispillion that is)? I ask because I happen to know Earl is working on something extraordinary (trust me on this! Wink ) for offshore of Vietnam to share with us (I've had a glimpse) and he'd LOVE some animations like that for what he's doing. I'm sure he'd share what he's doing with you to if you'd care to communicate with him about how he could add droppable stuff to AI aircraft flying to-from an offshore carrier (supported by the Mispillion and a detroyer) at "Yankee Station" and flying multiple Navy aircraft types round-trip to Da Nang and my own Phu Bai. I can put you guys in touch via email (or he can PM you himself if he see's this, which he might).

PM me your email and I'll close the email loop that much sooner if you want. Sounds like we've all got something to contribute here. Wink

Last edited by JG300-Ascout on Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

#11: Re: Bombing in FS2004! Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:47 am
    ----
Outstanding! Keep us posted... Wink

#12: Re: Bombing in FS2004! Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:10 pm
    ----
Ascout, how do you drop the tank?

#13: Re: Bombing in FS2004! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:16 pm
    ----
Yank the lever on the right-side front part of the cockpit that has a tooltip which shows up if you hover the mouse pointer over it (or press the key combo that lowers/raises the tailhook, whcih is what the function is slaved to on that plane).

#14: Re: Bombing in FS2004! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:25 pm
    ----
Anything worth doing once is worth doing to excess....

#15: Re: Bombing in FS2004! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:27 pm
    ----
T-Handle, not lever, sorry.....think it's brown......

'nother Good shot Ascout!

-> FS2004