Snow in Moscow, cold in kubinka
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Snow in Moscow, cold in kubinka Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:57 pm
    ----
Snow in Moscow, cold in kubinka, nice in St Petersburg, raining in Bovington

Last edited by armyjunk2 on Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:51 pm; edited 2 times in total

#2: Re: Snow in Moscow, cold in kublinka Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:31 pm
    ----
T-34/76 m1941 at Victory Park, Poklonnaya Gora, Moscow (Russia).
Hull of a T-34/85 built at the factory No. 174 and turret from the Stalingrad Tractor factory (STZ), produced in 1942.
Thanks for posting the pic, seems like the Russian winter comes early this year..

Any other photos?

Pierre-Olivier

#3: Re: Snow in Moscow, cold in kublinka Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:40 pm
    ----
Sounds like appropriate weather in all locations

#4: Re: Snow in Moscow, cold in kubinka Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:06 pm
    ----
the tank above is actually across the street from Victory Park, Poklonnaya Gora, I saw most all the tanks at Kubinka, Lenino, Central Armed Forces Museum, Morino and the Artillery Museum in St Petersburg. In England we went to the IWM, Fleet Air Arm museum, Bovington and the DDay Museum in Portsmouth. At Bovington I saw 2 Tigers, one inside and one outside. I have about 2000 pics so it will be a will before i post any I guess.....

#5: Re: Snow in Moscow, cold in kubinka Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:13 pm
    ----
I wonder why the Shrivenham Tiger II was outside. I really hope that it will not be returned to Shrivenham.. let it accessible to the public !!

P-O

#6: Re: Snow in Moscow, cold in kubinka Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:09 pm
    ----

http://www.dp60.narod.ru/image/Poklonka_galereya/poklonka_036.jpg

Is it a real StuG, a 1:1 scale copy of it or a scaled model ??

I have it in my StuG StuH PDF list but I really have a doubt, I think it's not a real one. Any guess?

P-O

#7: Re: Snow in Moscow, cold in kubinka Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:19 pm
    ----
its a model i think, like these. but I could be wrong, I saw these at Mt Poklonnaya last week, is your photo from there? I missed a couple of diorama rooms, but the ones i saw were similar.

#8: Re: Snow in Moscow, cold in kubinka Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:04 pm
    ----
- the_shadock
I wonder why the Shrivenham Tiger II was outside. I really hope that it will not be returned to Shrivenham.. let it accessible to the public !!

P-O

And someone should persuade them (they should at least try) to set up a trade for the Tiger II engine and gearbox from Axvall, that puppy can be a runner!

#9: Re: Snow in Moscow, cold in kubinka Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:03 am
    ----
- armyjunk2
is your photo from there?

Yes, and that's why I'm asking precisely in this thread.

P-O

#10: Re: Snow in Moscow, cold in kubinka Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:41 am
    ----
- the_shadock
- armyjunk2
is your photo from there?

Yes, and that's why I'm asking precisely in this thread.

P-O

That's a scale model (1:16 maybe?) the detail is to low for a 1:1 scale and just imagine the scale of the display needed for that (roof height in particular). You can safely remove that one from the preserved StuG list.

#11: Re: Snow in Moscow, cold in kubinka Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:47 am
    ----
The Maybach HL 230 P30 Tiger engine at Axvall:

#12: Re: Snow in Moscow, cold in kubinka Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:42 am
    ----
What about these Pz IV and StuG III in the Dnipropetrovsk Museum of History in Ukraine?
The 2 tanks look like reproductions but at 1:1 scale..

P-O

-> AFV News Discussion Board