M4 recovered in Russia
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: M4 recovered in Russia Author: jagjetta PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:15 pm
    ----
Greetings,
A metal-detecting club in Russia has been finding loads of cool stuff in the Korsun area. One of the best items was an M4A2 chassis and seperate turret. I posted the whole story with additional links at:

www.militaryvehiclesma...lemid=5659

Hope you enjoy! I know I love these kind of "discovery and recovery" types of stories.

Best,
John A-G
Iola, WI

#2: Re: M4 recovered in Russia Author: TaranovLocation: Moscow, Russia PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:37 am
    ----
He is now located in Kiew:

#3: Re: M4 recovered in Russia Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:50 pm
    ----
Hello Taranov,
Which museum is it were it is now??

And another question, do you know something about the logic behind Soviet/Russian tank constructionnumbers?

regards,
Lesley

#4: Re: M4 recovered in Russia Author: TaranovLocation: Moscow, Russia PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:45 pm
    ----
It's now museum - it's near one of ukrainian Ministry of Defence buildings (Officer's Tank School). And it's main problem... Also near this building located PzKpfw III Ausf.G. Access to tanks in this area limited, and it's main reason why we are still haven't walkarounds Sad

-> AFV News Discussion Board