Robert Kerr's Pietenpol Air Camper!
-> FSX

#1: Robert Kerr's Pietenpol Air Camper! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:34 am
    ----
If ya like it low and slow....and in FSX, who doesn't......then you're gonna LOVE Robert Kerr's extremely kewl Pietenpol Air Camper, or "Pete".

Available for download over yon at AvSim.....
AvSim LIbrary Link

This baby is super-heavy-duty collness at it's finest. Great sounds, incredible detail, wonderful (read: real and even kinda challenging) flying characteristics. Only thing it don't have is SPEED....she ain't real fast, but she sure is slow! And that's just fine....some days, you're just not in a hurry!

Coolest thing about it, it's a representation of the real one that the author's father built, and that of course the author helped to build, and flew in! Neat to see a tribute like that.

The detail is just incredible, too. Fine, fine, stuff....and LOTS of really cool specialty details. The "Pete" key fob on the instrument panel dangles and bounces around in flight, the "rubber duck" antenna on the handheld radio vibrates when the VW engine is running, amazing detail on the wire fittings and brass petcocks on the plumbing, the brake lines are all there, the external bellcranks on the sides of the fuse for the elevator n'stuff move, it's just full of stuff to admire!

And neat-o camera views too, which is always nice to see taken advantage of in an FSX aircraft release. 'Leastways I tend to think so....

Pix tell the whole story...this one is a KEEPER, folks!

#2: Re: Robert Kerr's Pietenpol Air Camper! Author: TanklordLocation: Louisiana PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:09 am
    ----
Beautiful man, Just Beautiful!

#3: Re: Robert Kerr's Pietenpol Air Camper! Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:51 am
    ----
Thanks Stoopy! Getting it now... Wink

#4: Re: Robert Kerr's Pietenpol Air Camper! Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:16 pm
    ----
Great looking Aircraft Stoopy, alas every time I get a dead link for it, even if I enter Avsim via de frontdoor Sad

#5: Re: Robert Kerr's Pietenpol Air Camper! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:10 pm
    ----
Huh! Link works on my end, but have no fear....do a search in AvSim's library for "pete.zip" and you'll get it.

-> FSX