New pictures of Kevin Wheatcroft's Tiger and KT parts
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: New pictures of Kevin Wheatcroft's Tiger and KT parts Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:09 pm
    ----
Hello,

The Kevin Wheatcroft's collection website was updated, and as usual it's really fine to discover new items in the collection. This gallery will show you some of the Tiger I and King Tiger parts owned by Mr Wheatcroft :

http://www.wheatcroftcollection.com/tiger.html

We already knew the big part that will make the rear side of the KT, the huge front armoured plate and the 88mm gun.. Add these "new" parts and will that make 70% of the KT ??

Pierre-Olivier

#2: Re: New pictures of Kevin Wheatcroft's Tiger and KT parts Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:50 pm
    ----
I tried to identify the various parts shown in the gallery, here are the first results :

-Pictures 1, 3, 4 and 6 to 13 show a Tiger I escape hatch.
-Pictures 2 and 5 show the Tiger I escape hatch and 2 Tiger II exhaust bases.
-Pictures 14 and 26 show a Tiger I gun part (don't know the name) and a Tiger I side fender mudguard, and an unknown metal part, only visible on pic 26.
-Pictures 15 to 21 show 2 parts of the left? side of a Kingtiger hull.
-Pictures 22 to 24 show road wheels, I don't know if they come from a Tiger I or a KT.
-Picture 25 shows an unknown part.
-Picture 27 shows a deck plate and an exhaust base from a Tiger I.
-Pictures 28 and 29 show unknown parts.
-Pictures 30 to 33 show a Tiger I armour part, but I don't know which one..
-Picture 34 shows 2 hatches, I don't know from which vehicle
-Picture 35 shows unknown parts.

Hope that you guys will help to identify the unknown parts !!

Pierre-Olivier

#3: Re: New pictures of Kevin Wheatcroft's Tiger and KT parts Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:00 pm
    ----
30-33 appear to be the front part of the turret side ( part of the horseshoe shape) of a Tiger I, 25 appears to be the dome cover located on the rear center deck of a Tiger I, and the hatches in 34 appear to be Tiger I escape hatches with out their locking bolts (see picture 7) HTH

Jeff Lewis

#4: Re: New pictures of Kevin Wheatcroft's Tiger and KT parts Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:30 am
    ----
And I think that this could be King Tiger tracks?

P-O

-> AFV News Discussion Board