Only in Bakersfield.
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#1: Only in Bakersfield. Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:16 pm
    ----
Got a pic of this hanging from the ceiling of the baggage claim area at Meadows field Airport in Bakersfield.

One authentic UH1 Huey, made from Heineken Beer cans.

mysite.verizon.net/res...40X480.jpg

#2: Re: Only in Bakersfield. Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:33 pm
    ----
Don't laugh, I saw plenty of patches to rotor blades and other bits on helicopters in Vietnam made with pieces cut from beer cans* and affixed with hunnerd-mile-an-hour tape or other means. Wink

*none of them Heineken...mostly Bud or PBR. Laughing

#3: Re: Only in Bakersfield. Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:18 am
    ----
An older Crew Chief I knew told me the only limit to what Thai craftsman outside U Tapao Airbase could make was how much beer the GIs could drink to give them their raw material. Laughing

#4: Re: Only in Bakersfield. Author: JG300_HuntLocation: WA State PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:51 am
    ----
Ascout - Hunnerd-mile-tape is still widely used after *all* those years gone by - what do you think keeps the wings on those Army UAVs??? Mr. Green

#5: Re: Only in Bakersfield. Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:07 pm
    ----
- JG300-Ascout
Don't laugh, I saw plenty of patches to rotor blades and other bits on helicopters in Vietnam made with pieces cut from beer cans* and affixed with hunnerd-mile-an-hour tape or other means. Wink

*none of them Heineken...mostly Bud or PBR. Laughing

I guess you can say Helicopter pilots were one of the first "Green" groups with their use of recycled aluminum. Wink

#6: Re: Only in Bakersfield. Author: siskensLocation: The Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:35 pm
    ----
Oh Friends - - what a glorious moment....Heineken is DUTCH ! WHOO_HAAAAAA Laughing and i would like to wish ALL my very best !

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum