SUUWEEET Sexy Italian Bird!
-> FS2004

#1: SUUWEEET Sexy Italian Bird! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:25 am
    ----
Mama Mia!

Brand-spankin' new Savoia Marchetti S.73 "version 2.0" by Stefano Meneghini has hit the streets and Man O Man this is one wonderful download I'm here to tell ya!

library.avsim.net/esea...LID=114075

Maybe I just gotta thing for these 3-engine jobbers (she like a Junkers-Ju52 that had some fine Italian wine) but this thing is total BEAUTY! Sweet...fine.....classy.

I mean check out them curvaceous wheelpants she's got! They shake like sweet jelly when she walks, like a coupla puppies fightin' inside a blanket, and those engine pods that just thrust proudly out in front of her chest and draw your eyes to 'em and make ya wanna grope an' feel and caresssss.....sorry I'm gettin' carried away.....she's a babe!

OK now seriously, from a flying standpoint, you got a fine flight model, excellent rumbly sounds, a Wright-Cyclone powered version as well as several liveries, a WONDERFUL VC with sharp clear instruments, and with that big ol' thick wide wing, some serious hauling power and GREAT short-field capability. Flew her in on final with full flaps at about 50 knots, holding altitude just with trim and some power...that's Piper Cub territory....and she tops out at about 170. A very versatile and flexible Señora to spend an evening or two with..yeah she makes me wanna dive into some Italian bush I mean it.....oops...

Cons: Somewhat different install, you have to copy some files from a "common" folder into each livery folder but this takes about 30-60 seconds and is sure well worth it.

Oh, and yes, the question that's on everybody's lips......Yes! I did get a haircut, thank you very much! But also....Yes! It works GREAT in FSX, with SP2, and even installs friggin' preview thumbnails!

Here's pix I gotta get her back in the air bye!!!

#2: Re: SUUWEEET Sexy Italian Bird! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:55 am
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
Oh, and yes, the question that's on everybody's lips......Yes! I did get a haircut, thank you very much!

I do hope you're referring to your nose hairs. That's an area that's long overdue. I recall some photographic evidence to back me up on that. Rolling Eyes

#3: Re: SUUWEEET Sexy Italian Bird! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:21 pm
    ----
- JG300-Ascout

I do hope you're referring to your nose hairs.

No way, man! Saving them bad boys for the day when I might need to do the comb-over thing!

#4: Re: SUUWEEET Sexy Italian Bird! Author: 401RCAF_JelLocation: Hiding in Sherwood Forest PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:25 pm
    ----
Forget the comb over it aint what it's cracked up to be... ask HitMan Shocked

Anyway if you decide to go with it let me know i'll start saving the buggers from my nose, gawd knows there's enough of em to insulate yer loft lol.

As an aside why is it the feckers make yer eyes water when ya yank em out??!!

#5: Re: SUUWEEET Sexy Italian Bird! Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:06 am
    ----
Got it installed and yep, it's a very nice aircraft! Thanks for the heads up in this bird... Smile

It would be very easy to make this into an "EZ" install file for our CC Members... Wink

#6: Re: SUUWEEET Sexy Italian Bird! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:33 am
    ----
Rubs chin......why yes it would at that, now that ya mention it.... hmm.....

Jel, they don't make your eyes water once ya get used to it....becomes rather enjoyable after a while.....

#7: Re: SUUWEEET Sexy Italian Bird! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:59 am
    ----
- Shadow_Bshwackr
It would be very easy to make this into an "EZ" install file for our CC Members... Wink

Why, Bushy, you know it would seem as if you were entirely right! It appears there is an E-Z install file in the upload section that, once approved, should magically show up in the download section under the category of FS2004 Civilian!

I'm amazed at your incredible powers of prediction and prognostication!

#8: Re: SUUWEEET Sexy Italian Bird! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:55 am
    ----
OOps

I made a small misnake when submitting - I'd set the category to "FSX Civilian". Should be "FS2004 Civilian" even though it does work well in FSX...the installer assumes FS2004.

Then I went and edited it, and I didn't see it in the FS2004 Civilian category.....then figured it's becuase it starts on the next page (D'oh!). Which is normal...except the little page things are hard to notice if you don't know to look for them. But it's there.

Thanks for approving it and here's a direct link (gotta be logged in):

com-central.net/index....ils&id=317

#9: Re: SUUWEEET Sexy Italian Bird! Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:34 pm
    ----
I'm fixin' that as we speak as well as putting it on our 'fast dedicated' download server... Smile Thank you for making life easier for all concerned... Smile

One word of note on this 'bird'. You CAN tip it up on the props and get it 'stuck' there...lol

#10: Re: SUUWEEET Sexy Italian Bird! Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:37 pm
    ----
- Shadow_Bshwackr
One word of note on this 'bird'. You CAN tip it up on the props and get it 'stuck' there...lol

Hmmm, I think we need the full story of how you came across this information...

Obviously someone told you. Wink

#11: Re: SUUWEEET Sexy Italian Bird! Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:58 pm
    ----
I think Hitman told me... (eyes darting back and forth to see who 'caught' that)

#12: Re: SUUWEEET Sexy Italian Bird! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:13 pm
    ----
I've had that happen too....while it's capable of flying REALLY SLOW approaches, it also appears to be very "slick" and just doesn't bleed off speed like you expect it would when entering the pattern - the flaps won't come down above a certain airspeed so you have to plan ahead in your approach...as a result I've landed hot a couple of times and if you hold the brakes on for a real long time (like when looking at the cliff coming up on those reeeeeaaallll short strips) she'll slowly start nosin' on ya and once all that momentum starts, ain't much you can do to stop it!

The exit door is all the way in the back, and is pretty far off the ground when all this starts, so running back there and jumping out isn't a viable option.....I'm tryig to find out what cockpit windows can be opened so I can squeeze out one of those next time. Laughing

-> FS2004