dust and spray effects
-> FSX

#1: dust and spray effects Author: berlopezLocation: Copenhagen.DK PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:15 pm
    ----
Sad I'd like to ask if anyone here is experiencing the same as I before or after installing FS GLOBAL X 2008.

My dust, splash and spray effects seem to be on the brinxs Rolling Eyes .

For example after landing the touch down effects last for ever...Even while taxiing, not just after touchdown. The same when I take off, they're on until I take off and the wheels leave the ground, before they only showed while the tyres were in contact with the ground, but not all the time, even while turning...
I've tried my water effects slider completely to the left but it doesn't help they still show. I've even tried defaulting scenery...

Does this new software FS GLOBAL X do this or might I have a wrong setting somewhere?

My G.C. Nvidia 7500 LE is up to date with latest driver from the NVidia website

#2: Re: dust and spray effects Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:49 pm
    ----
FS Global X does not affect your effects in any form or way, FSGX is only mesh scenery so there must be something else on your system screwing things up.

What is important is where the FSGX lines in the scenery cfg are according to the FSG instructions they should be betweenBase1107 and the default Area lines.

Also did you install SP1 and SP2 for fsX or do you have fsX Acceleration installed ??

Also fsX is very sensitive to fragmentation, rule of thumb after any change run a defrag.

As for the other question, a individual Sound Card would improve things considerably OnBoard Sound is not advisable be it fs9 or fsX

#3: Re: dust and spray effects Author: berlopezLocation: Copenhagen.DK PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:35 pm
    ----
Smile Uhu: Thanks, I only have SP1 installed; maybe the effects are supposed to be like this, How are they on your settings compared to what I described? defrag. Yes I forgot, I'll do it right away Rolling Eyes

As for the Q of the sound card I already knew that, I wish MS would/could make a patch to improve this, If it were possible? Laughing

#4: Re: dust and spray effects Author: berlopezLocation: Copenhagen.DK PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:20 pm
    ----
Sad Is there a way to default effects?

#5: Re: dust and spray effects Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:13 pm
    ----
if you have installed fsX + SP1 and no other addon effect enhancers, I'm affraid that that's it ............. sorry

#6: Re: dust and spray effects Author: berlopezLocation: Copenhagen.DK PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:53 am
    ----
Confused What if I were to delete the effects folder, wouldn't FSX build a new one upon restart, like the .cfg file??

This is just a question

#7: Re: dust and spray effects Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:43 am
    ----
if you delete the effects folder fsX won't probably start as it's missing a essential part of it

It does NOT work like the cfg file that get's rebuild after deletion

#8: Re: dust and spray effects Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:47 am
    ----
Might also suggest you check to see what the effects are like with a default aircraft, if the problem is that you're getting strange effects with an add-on aircraft. Add-on aircraft sometimes have their own effects which may be problematic, and even if not, sometimes the default FSX effects don't play well with older FS9 aircraft. So do you get the same problems in the default Cessna 172 or Maule?

#9: Re: dust and spray effects Author: berlopezLocation: Copenhagen.DK PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:49 am
    ----
All the effects I'm describing I've seen with the default Cessna and and "all" other planes default or addons

Stoopy perhaps you're right, I have quite a number of airplane addons and I do have in my effects folder some other effects folders which have put themselves in there together with the addons; I can see these in my effects folder. In there I see five folder with addon effect folders But some have essential FSX effects in them too.

#10: Re: dust and spray effects Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:40 pm
    ----
you should have ONE Effects folder with a texture subfolder all the .fx files go to the Effects folder all the .bmp files go to the texture subfolder within the Effects folder

just copy and paste all the .fx files from them different folders to the main Effects folder, make sure that you allways keep the latest version.

#11: Re: dust and spray effects Author: berlopezLocation: Copenhagen.DK PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:44 pm
    ----
Yes, I do have ONE Effects folder with a texture subfolder and all .fx files are in there, together with autosmoke, effects from CLS A340, fx_dc7cbn,fx1,2,3, vclight, cbn,newllfx
a texture folder that's full of fx files like Beacon, fx.aurora, fx_tracer c fx_tracer H etc... Which if I remember correctly are exhaust and flame effects of the l049A

I can't find bmps anywhere in there???

Now my lights have gone haywire vasilights, runway, taxi ways etc have all a square halo around them. I managed for the first time to make a screenie at photobucket, please look and i'm open to suggestions; You can imagine what these look like at night time Crying or Very sad i270.photobucket.com/a...sueFSX.jpg You can appreciate in the distance behind the propeller the halos around the vasi lights Sad

#12: Re: dust and spray effects Author: berlopezLocation: Copenhagen.DK PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:01 pm
    ----
After uninstalling FSX to correct this issue I'm back to square one, apparently that's the way the effects show. My lights issue got corrected, though.
But Upon reinstalling the L049A Constellation I noticed I didn't have flame effects coming from the engines. So I did the above mentioned. But it didn't help Mad So I reinstalled a new zip and that hasn't helped either. Any suggestions? Wink The whole reinstall has taken me since last Thursday, managed finally yesterday nas called MS support here apparently the file I had with SP1 was only the installer. It only installs once, I run it onto my previous set up and it seemed to run making me think it was inatalling; Laughing But when I opened the sim the scenery was very "bare" and "dull" MS. told me download a new file which I did and installed and it very different now.

I'd like to ask: To get scenery details, complexity, mesh before I install SP1 must I have the sliders at a certain position or does SP1 default the sim. Like it does with the effects slider. After I finished installing I noticed my effects were again exaggerated and checked the slider and it was set to full right, I moved it full left and I get descent effects, little puffs from the wheels upon landing and braking and not so much smoke Smile

#13: Re: dust and spray effects Author: berlopezLocation: Copenhagen.DK PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:19 pm
    ----

Dhooooooo! I fix my effects issue! My slider was set all the way to the right Mr. Green

-> FSX