Huey Cobra Video (Off-Topic Rotary Wingy-Thing)
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Huey Cobra Video (Off-Topic Rotary Wingy-Thing) Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:33 pm
    ----
Pretty good video on the Cobra at www.redstone.army.mil/...on_web.wmv

More videos at www.redstone.army.mil/...lcome.html

#2: Re: Huey Cobra Video (Off-Topic Rotary Wingy-Thing) Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:35 pm
    ----
That's a good one, Mark, but the "must see" video over there is
"Employment of Attack Helicopters to Defeat Armor Threat in Europe in the Mid-1970's"- It's about 28 minutes and was originally a "sales tool" for the primacy of the AH-56 Cheyenne, but features AH-1G's operating with OH-6A's and M60A1's and M551 Sheridans to defeat the Red Hordes. Great footage and a "window on the times". I saved that one to my disc long ago. Wink

www.redstone.army.mil/...rs_web.wmv

#3: Re: Huey Cobra Video (Off-Topic Rotary Wingy-Thing) Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:06 pm
    ----
In the Cobra video they mention a Sioux Scout helicopter. Anybody ever hear of it? New to me Neutral

#4: Re: Huey Cobra Video (Off-Topic Rotary Wingy-Thing) Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:48 pm
    ----
- MarkHolloway
In the Cobra video they mention a Sioux Scout helicopter. Anybody ever hear of it? New to me Neutral

Yep, somewhere around I have an old Army Aviation Digest from '71 with it on the back page where it's getting some recognition and being donated to a museum. It's on display somewhere now, I believe (Rucker, maybe?).

Here's some more info...

www.aviastar.org/helic...ll_207.php

-> AFV News Discussion Board